Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trail proof blinkers

Go down 
+7
3KGT_Maddness
Chief_Lee_Visceral
abchel
derm75
matttys
SheWolf
ToaadWR
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

Trail proof blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Hello all,

I have searched around and i know this subject has been touched on but i would like to throw out exactly what i want to do and see if someone else has all ready done it.

I am trying to trash the ugly stock blinkers/taillight and i have basically figured out that i am going to get the zeta flasher guards for the fronts, the edge taillight kit, and what i am trying to figure out is what back blinkers to get. I do mostly trail riding on my machine and she eats the dirt quite often so i want to try to get blinkers that wont get trashed after i lay her down. I am trying to figure out a way to mount the blinkers under the rear fender some how so in the event of a fall they wont even get touched. If i use the mounts that came with the kit(mounted on the side of the tail light) i would imagine those blinkers wouldnt last more than a ride or two. I was looking at the type 586 ( http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/MBtUugyh0ngAAByxj1sAAAAS-33323.jpg ) and trying to think of a way to mount them under the rear fender.

Does this seem possible?

Has anyone else tried this?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

I've got DRC flush mounts on mine and they won't come off unless the whole taillight assembly goes with it. Trail proof blinkers 61865
Trail proof blinkers IMG_0944

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:12 pm

I always take the rubber like you would use to re-sole your shoes and I will mount the blinkers on those. That way if you go down, they will flex out of the way. If the rubber is 3/8" thick they won't wobble on the bumps. I'm not too fond of the flush mount units as they are a slight bit harder to see.
Back to top Go down
derm75

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 pm

How about the DRC Edge 2 tail light with 12oclocklabs integrated turn signals? http://www.12oclocklabs.com/ I've got it on my bike and really dig it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:39 pm

matttys wrote:
I'm not too fond of the flush mount units as they are a slight bit harder to see.

I must have a good set then cause they are bright as hell. Even the cops were impressed with how much they threw off. Trail proof blinkers 29721

abchel

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 am

Try these flashers: Motoled-601 flasher from www.langstonracing.com/. I pickup an IC Relay that pluged in to the factory plug to fix the blinker rate.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 am

I can tell you what aren't trail friendly. The Edge ones you get with the fender eliminator kit that are on the stalks. I have heli taped them again but the next time they are getting replaced.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm rocking a set of these. http://www.d2moto.com/Universal-Motorcycle-Amber-CAT-EYE-LED-Turn-Signal-p/lts101-amber.htm

I low sided on the road and somehow they were not touched. Even if I do loose one, I'm only out $5. thumb
Back to top Go down
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks for all the replies,

So far i am really digging those 12oclocklabs edge taillight with the chip to use the taillight as a blinker too, the only thing is the fact it cost approx 180 which is alot. It's worth it if they can hold up but i am scared of breaking a almost 200 dollar light. Anyone use these and can give any feed back on their durability?

I also am digging the stock tail with the built in blinkers, the one for the 02 R1, and it only runs 99.( http://www.customled.com/products/integrators/_02-_03_R1/_02-_03_r1.htm ) Only problem i have with that is the tag light and mounting the tag. Anyone use that R1 tail and have any pics of what they did for a tag light and tag mounting?
Back to top Go down
Bigbisley

Bigbisley

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:03 am

3KGT Thanks man I just ordered 2 pair.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:07 am

Bigbisley wrote:
3KGT Thanks man I just ordered 2 pair.

Did you use some coupons? They have a 25% off deal right now.
Back to top Go down
Bigbisley

Bigbisley

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks but I missed out on the coupons.
Back to top Go down
acmebot

acmebot

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:17 pm

This weekend I swapped my tail section for a 02 R1 integrated tail/signal light. I got the part from here (R1 light) for 17 bucks.
Trail proof blinkers Tail_l10

Last edited by acmebot on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:16 pm

ohh there it is oopsee Trail proof blinkers 986936
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Nice job, especially given the price. Please post more information on this mod. How easy was the connection? Can we see some other views? Maybe a side view and one from under the fender?

acmebot wrote:
This weekend I swapped my tail section for a 02 R1 integrated tail/signal light. I got the part from here (R1 light) for 17 bucks.
Trail proof blinkers Tail_l10
Back to top Go down
acmebot

acmebot

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:46 am

It was pretty easy to do. I took off the seat and left side plastic. Unbolted all of the back end. On the left side of the WRR there are four snap connectors: tail, tag, right and left. The R1 light had 5 wires, a 3 wire tail/brake connector and one each for right and left signal. The R1 light came with same connector as the WRR tail connector but the wires were not correct. I cut the R1 connector off and rewired it. I cut off the WRR right and left turn connectors and used them to wire in the right and left, the ground was not needed. I just unhooked the tag light connector.

To mount the tail light the WRR tail light bracket needs too be drilled to fit the bolt holes on the back of the frame (I read about this on another post here). I cut a bit of plastic to fit under the light and wires to make a mud guard. Drilled new holes to line up with the back bracket and bolted it on.

This light is the exact same side as the stock brake light. You could use this light in the stock tail. I had two goals, remove the turn signals since I had already cracked the plastic holding one side and clean up the look of the back of the bike. :)

I will take some more pics later today.
Back to top Go down
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 pm

So i decided to get the 12oclocklabs modded drc tail here's the pix, i also got the speedo corrector which was super easy to install and setup now i know my actual speed! Trail proof blinkers 525406

BEFORE Trail proof blinkers 986936
Trail proof blinkers Stock_10

After Trail proof blinkers 61865

Trail proof blinkers Drctai10

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/

The new one is just about completely trail proof. The light wont actually ever break the only thing that can is the tag mount if i have a serious lay over.

Trail proof blinkers Underd11

Its very visable and looks awesome! So much better than the stock one i dont know why i didnt get it sooner! Its expensive but worth it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:47 am

Did he ever fix the leak problem with that setup? Someone on here had it fill up with muddy water because it wasn't sealed. Trail proof blinkers 29721

ToaadWR

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Wanted to give an update on the DRC modded tail light. So far so good, no issues with water at all (and i went through some deep stuff!) The only problem i have had thus far is i 12 oclocked it on a creek bed and bent the plate holder but it was easily bent back. other than that this mod is SWEET i can finally go down a rough road and hit jumps, hills, or take a dirt nap and not have to worry about the blinkers popping out. all i can say is thanks 12oclocklabs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail proof blinkers   Trail proof blinkers Empty

Back to top Go down

Trail proof blinkers
Page 1 of 1