Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My Mods..08 WRR

Go down 
+2
motokid
jason meacham
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jason meacham

jason meacham

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:21 am

here is what I've done so far,,I rode it stock for the first 1000 miles, then I removed the tank shroud stickers off, put on a Ricochet skidplate,Acerbis rally pro handgaurds,and Corbin seat. At about 5400 miles I put on Dunlop 606 tires,(much better than the stock deathwings)...3-4 weeks ago at about 5800 miles I went all out, after reading this forum and from the help of some of you guys I did these next mods myself instead of paying a shop....Q4 exhaust,,powerbomb header,,K+N air filter,,air box mods(highfive style),,ais block off plate(thanx krabill),,exup removall (did the 10k resistor trick,thanx Shewolf),,FMF fuel programmer(thanx Skierd for answering my questions,I'm using the same numbers as you right now),,Front sprocket cover and case saver ( thanx Sandman, you make a nice product),,I removed the rear passenger footpegs,,helmet lock,,fork reflectors,,I also choped a few inches off the tail and drilled new holes in the license plate and moved it up 2 inches,,the next mods I took it to a shop,,JT 13t front sprocket,,Sunstar 47t rear sprocket,,Bikemaster oring chain,,new brake fluid and coolant.. when I bought the bike I told myself I was going to leave it stock,,,then I found this forum ..now I have to learn to post pics..I want to thank everyone who has helped me out so far,,next year I plan on having my suspenion redone....I broke 6000 miles on Sunday ,,with the new mods and 606 tires my bike is much better,,Makes me feel like a better rider.. My Mods..08 WRR 942737
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:22 am

My Mods..08 WRR 454776

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:24 am

Jay, go with a forum hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack. All you have to do is download whatever pics you want onto their site, and it will give you a code that you simply copy/paste onto here and your pic is up. Just use the [img][/img] code that you have on your account with the image hosting site; that will give you the actual image instead of linking it back to the image site. My Mods..08 WRR 61865

njbill

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:37 pm

This is good stuff! I am happy to report that I ordererd a FMF programmer and a Q4 exhaust... I only lasted 650 miles. Anyway, I will need to find the same useful information about the AIS, Ex-up and air box mods.
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:46 pm

njbill wrote:
Anyway, I will need to find the same useful information about the AIS, Ex-up and air box mods.

Ask and you will receive...

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake
My Mods..08 WRR 379944
Back to top Go down
ozarkadver

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: R or F?   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:48 pm

njbill wrote:
This is good stuff! I am happy to report that I ordererd a FMF programmer and a Q4 exhaust... I only lasted 650 miles. Anyway, I will need to find the same useful information about the AIS, Ex-up and air box mods.
Hey njbill which bike do you like the all around most R or F?
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:10 pm

ozarkadver wrote:

Hey njbill which bike do you like the all around most R or F?

They are totally different bikes. The F is a race bike and I change the oil after two rides; about 100 miles. The F is, of course, faster, lighter and has better suspension. However, the F struggles on any stretch of pavement. I live 26 miles from a large state forest. The ride there is pleasant and consists of mostly county roads with 50 mph limits. I would not even consider riding my F to the state forest. It is a trailer queen.

The WRR is not a compromise for me. It represents the next chapter in my life with motorcycles. I have been riding them for 35 years and it is time to turn the page on racing in the dirt. Instead of having a dual sport and a race bike, like I have tried before (see below), I am going to explore adventure riding with a bike that can run the occasional single track. So far, the WRR seems like the perfect bike for this assignment.

A good combination of adventure and racing bikes to have. Ultimately, I felt I was too old for the KTM and the DRZ was too heavy.

My favorite enduro, a WR250F. It's new owner is picking her up on Saturday. My Mods..08 WRR 342500
My Mods..08 WRR C371cb36

The next chapter:
My Mods..08 WRR NewWR250R-3

Last edited by njbill on Thu May 06, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks! I have never met an air box i did not want to saw into. My Mods..08 WRR 851577

malibu_dan wrote:
njbill wrote:
Anyway, I will need to find the same useful information about the AIS, Ex-up and air box mods.

Ask and you will receive...

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake
My Mods..08 WRR 379944
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Mods..08 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mods..08 WRR   My Mods..08 WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

My Mods..08 WRR
Page 1 of 1