Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another day in beauitful Colorado

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty

Matty

Another day in beauitful Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Another day in beauitful Colorado   Another day in beauitful Colorado EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:15 am

Somewhere along the Lost Creek Wilderness, through the Pike National Forest, Colorado. (For those familar with Colorado it was part of the 717 Trails). Oh and at around 8-10K feet above sea level our bikes still have the power.

Another day in beauitful Colorado Dirt3

Another day in beauitful Colorado Dirt2

Another day in beauitful Colorado Dirt6

Another day in beauitful Colorado Dirt5
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Another day in beauitful Colorado   Another day in beauitful Colorado EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:27 am

A bit of fire activity there, it looks like. Another day in beauitful Colorado 163123

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Another day in beauitful Colorado   Another day in beauitful Colorado EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:07 am

ya.. it was from the Hayman Fire in 2002. It was and still is the largest fire in Colorado's history. It burned 133 homes and forced the evacuation of 5,340 people. Some dumb bitch, whos was a "federal forestry officer" went up there to burn a love letter from an ex-husband. The letter got away from her and eventually torched over 138,000 acres.

What's even worse is that where some of the area that the fire burnt was part of Rampart Riding Range which has tons of single track and jeep trails that are to this day still closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Elevation sickness?   Another day in beauitful Colorado EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Hey Bud! Was wondering how the bike runs at 8-10K? Tire pressure, F.I., idle, etc.... Going to some SoCal mountains w/ same elevation (believe it or not)... Sad to see burn areas, and hear about OHV trails closing- we lost quite a bit in '07 with the rampage here. Great spread photo w/ orange kool-aid! By the way, "federal forestry officer," is federally employed... ... self-explainable.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Another day in beauitful Colorado   Another day in beauitful Colorado EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Where about's in SoCal? Only roads i know of that high are near Fraiser Park, Wrightwood, or Big Bear. Lived in LA for 27 years.

As for the bike. Gearing down a tooth on the counter sprocket, megabomb, and Q4 helps. But in stock form i had no troubles what so ever. Bike started up every time. And has no problem keeping up with my friend's on their bigger DRZs and KTMs.

I've had the bike up at 14K. Wouldn't advise going that high. The lil 250 didn't bog out, but didn't have much power either.

Surfer-X wrote:
Hey Bud! Was wondering how the bike runs at 8-10K? Tire pressure, F.I., idle, etc.... Going to some SoCal mountains w/ same elevation (believe it or not)... Sad to see burn areas, and hear about OHV trails closing- we lost quite a bit in '07 with the rampage here. Great spread photo w/ orange kool-aid! By the way, "federal forestry officer," is federally employed... ... self-explainable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day in beauitful Colorado   Another day in beauitful Colorado EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Ya Wrightwood and Bear. Glad to hear keeping up w/ bigger bikes isn't a problem. As far as the Front Sprockett(12t), hows top end? I've read it super easy to lift in low end...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another day in beauitful Colorado   Another day in beauitful Colorado Empty

Back to top Go down

Another day in beauitful Colorado
Page 1 of 1