Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Insurance and Registration Please

Go down 
+8
Jäger
YZEtc
Hertz
yellowredlight
BlueAngel
aaronhall555
Midnite171
Boondocker
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Boondocker

Boondocker

Insurance and Registration Please Empty
PostSubject: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Now that my bike is insured and registered, I'm scratching my head looking for a place to stash the papers. Has anyone come up with a clever solution for this problem? Clever means easily accessible, but secure and protected from the elements.

non-clever solutions that I discount:
* factory tool kit
* clothing pocket

I'm thinking of some kind of water-proof pouch or sleeve on the back side of the headlight "fairing". Eventually I'll probably get some sort of permanently mounted tool tube. Maybe something in the license plate area?

The problem can't be new, just new to me and I didn't know how to search for it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:19 pm

That was my first issue I had to deal with the first time I rode my WR. Where am I going to keep this crap??? I immediately got a rear fender tool bag (O'Neal) for that, plus other stuff of course. I actually have a little, thin plastic business card case that I put my license, Debit card, $20 bill and health insurance card in, and I throw that in my fender bag also when I head out to ride.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:40 pm

well, my insurance card is a very small piece of paper and so is my registration card, so I keep them in my wallet(I also keep copies of both of them). For the rides I know there is going to be water/mud involved I either don't bring my papers or I put them in a small zip-lock bag and keep it in a pocket or put it right back in the wallet(with the small zip-lock bag).

Now that I think about it there is probably a small marine keychain container that could hold them and of course be your keychain... just a thought. I know they have them for boats.

Last edited by aaronhall555 on Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueAngel

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

I put them in a zip lock, and then stash the whole thing inside the toolkit plastic bag that goes inside the tool box. Waterproof and always there if I need it.
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:49 pm

I took a old thin tool pouch that came with a different bike i owned and stapled it under the seat.

now im just looking for some 6mm male knobs to replace the seat bolts so i can take the seat off by hand.

like this:

Insurance and Registration Please 41LT930ec8L._SL500_AA280_PIcountsize-5,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I keep my papers in my wallet.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Mine is in a vinyl ziploc pouch that's velcroed to the inside of the right-hand side cover (the white one you remove to see the airbox door).
I have a quarter-turn Dzus-type fastener securing the side cover, so if a copper wants to see zee papers, I can access them without tools. :)
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: temporary solution   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Insurance and Registration Please 858332559_vzhtj-S
This is what I've come up with so far. It's a little, waterproof container with a lanyard, sized for cards (credit, ID). It's small enough to tuck in between the instrument cluster and the fairing. Seems like a snug fit, but the lanyard is securely tied just in case. I like that I can see it and know that it's there.
Insurance and Registration Please 858332548_qCFKW-S
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:38 am

Boondocker wrote:
Insurance and Registration Please 858332559_vzhtj-S
This is what I've come up with so far. It's a little, waterproof container with a lanyard, sized for cards (credit, ID). It's small enough to tuck in between the instrument cluster and the fairing. Seems like a snug fit, but the lanyard is securely tied just in case. I like that I can see it and know that it's there.
Insurance and Registration Please 858332548_qCFKW-S

^^^^^ that is really cool! lol almost looks like that should be stock!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:44 am

Tank bag is always on the bike. Registration and insurance is always in a ziplock in the tank bag.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:27 am

How often do you guys get asked for your registration? I have never been asked for it since I have been driving so I usually don't keep it in the car or motorcycle. I keep my insurance cards in my wallet which I try to keep with me all of the time.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:38 am

duanew wrote:
How often do you guys get asked for your registration? I have never been asked for it since I have been driving so I usually don't keep it in the car or motorcycle. I keep my insurance cards in my wallet which I try to keep with me all of the time.

In my state it is the law to carry reg and insur. papers. Nice hefty ticket if you don't.

*Haven't been pulled over yet on the DS, but all other bikes and cars....yes. lol
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:58 am

I haven't ever been pulled over on my bike (knock on wood) but, if I ever do I don't want to further agitate the cop by telling him I don't have any of my stuff with me. As Inspector stated, I'm pretty sure it's a citation worthy situation.

@ Boondocker, Where did you find that at?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:03 pm

duanew wrote:
How often do you guys get asked for your registration? I have never been asked for it since I have been driving so I usually don't keep it in the car or motorcycle.

Don't say that too loud. :)
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:05 pm

For day-to-day riding my papers are in my wallet. When I go on a trip I leave my wallet at home and my license, ins, reg, $$, cc, etc., all go in a small dry box that gets stashed in my luggage so it stays safe and dry. If I do get pulled over, the officer is just going to have to wait for me to dig it out.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:20 am

I didn't like it in my tool kit, too easy to steal or just fall off
What I did was:
Took a nice big fat washer
Cut it in half
Welded the half washer standing vertical on the seat bolt head's (had them out at the time)
Kinda made wing bolt bolts so i could remove them by hand

Now I have relatively quick access to under the seat and I put my regi under there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance and Registration Please   Insurance and Registration Please Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance and Registration Please
Page 1 of 1