Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How I Removed My Flapper WR250X

Go down 
+6
st3p
njbill
YZEtc
yellowredlight
SheWolf
galland1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
galland1

galland1

How I Removed My Flapper WR250X Empty
PostSubject: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Not quite ready to totally gut the airbox yet. So I heated a steaknife with a torch and zipped of the left side hinge and it popped right out. With a little persuading. Waiting for the powerbomb and Q4. Damned slow UPS. How I Removed My Flapper WR250X 490865

How I Removed My Flapper WR250X DSC02495
How I Removed My Flapper WR250X DSC02494
How I Removed My Flapper WR250X DSC02497

How I Removed My Flapper WR250X DSC02496
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Gotta love DIY mods. How I Removed My Flapper WR250X 61865

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:30 pm

i have a silly question. On the top of the airbox (where you adhered part of a credit card) why dont people leave that open to get more airflow?
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Good question. I had considered leaving the hole but decided I want to keep a nice flat spot to mount the programmer. With the flapper removed I'm hoping it'll get enough air. Next step would be take the top completely off but I hear thats really noisy.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:27 pm

When or if you remove the AIS stuff, you can put your ECM alongside your battery where all the hoses were, and mount your programmer where the ECM was. Then you can open up the airbox by either removing the lid entirely, or put in a couple of 2" holes like I did and cover it with Flow-Rite membrane. It's not noisy this way.How I Removed My Flapper WR250X 61865

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm

yellowredlight wrote:
i have a silly question. On the top of the airbox (where you adhered part of a credit card) why dont people leave that open to get more airflow?

That's exactly how mine is. :)
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Do you think the Flow Rite decreases noise without hindering air flow?

SheWolf wrote:
When or if you remove the AIS stuff, you can put your ECM alongside your battery where all the hoses were, and mount your programmer where the ECM was. Then you can open up the airbox by either removing the lid entirely, or put in a couple of 2" holes like I did and cover it with Flow-Rite membrane. It's not noisy this way.How I Removed My Flapper WR250X 61865
Back to top Go down
st3p

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:59 am

galland1 wrote:
Good question. I had considered leaving the hole but decided I want to keep a nice flat spot to mount the programmer. With the flapper removed I'm hoping it'll get enough air. Next step would be take the top completely off but I hear thats really noisy.

That hole MUST be covered because some water could go inside the airbox dddog
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:32 am

st3p wrote:
galland1 wrote:

The only way water is getting in that hole is if the bike is parked in the rain with the seat off
Or, you go through seat deep water, in which case it is coming in anyway

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:49 pm

st3p wrote:

If water is going in that hole, then water is going in through the snorkle part too, and then you got much bigger problems.

Leaving that hole open, or partially open is not an issue or concern.

Unless, as f3joel said, you park the bike in the rain with the seat off. Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Now that the flapper is gone, does it run well still, without a tune?
Back to top Go down
RoadRash

RoadRash

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm

motokid wrote:
st3p wrote:

If water is going in that hole, then water is going in through the snorkle part too, and then you got much bigger problems.

Leaving that hole open, or partially open is not an issue or concern.

Unless, as f3joel said, you park the bike in the rain with the seat off. Very happy

I think he was making a joke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I Removed My Flapper WR250X   How I Removed My Flapper WR250X Empty

Back to top Go down

How I Removed My Flapper WR250X
Page 1 of 1