Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required Empty
PostSubject: Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required   Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:02 pm

My Owner's manual (2009 WR250X - WR25XY, 32C-28199-73) states:

'NOTICE--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To charge a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery, a special
(constant-voltage) battery charger is required. Using a conventional
charger will damage the battery. If you do not have access to a
constant-voltage battery charger, have a Yamaha dealer charge the
battery.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

I have a 'SuperSmart' Battery Tender (tm). It states:
'Fully Automatic Charger AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHES After Full Charge To Storage Charge. 12 v @ 1.25 A'

Anyone have a good reason of why I should NOT use my charger?

Bike was a bit slow to start today after sitting over a week - did not catch right away and turned over slower than usual. Took 5 tries to start it. Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required Suspect
But I had a nice 185 kms ride. A fox crossed my path, some wild turkeys, and ABSOLUTELY NO DEER! Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required 61865
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required   Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:40 pm

I use my Battery Tender charger on mine without problems.
My battery was on that charger for a few months over the winter. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required   Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:36 pm

+10 Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required 61865 I also use a BT on mine with no troubles.

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required   Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:42 am

Thanks! Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required 93746
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required   Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:57 am

I used this on mine all winter. Worked like a charm.

Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required 0000_Battery_Tender_Junior_Black

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required   Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery charger: special (constant-voltage) charger required
Page 1 of 1