Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

RAM mount for wr2x

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:39 pm

hi there, i looked on RAM's website and they don't have the wr2x model listed. does anyone know which ram mount works on the stock handlebar? thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Go to the link below and answer the questions.
Such as type of GPS unit, year, make and model of motorcycle.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx

For example; I have a Garmin Nuvi 1250 and a 2009 WR250R (have to subsitute with YZ250)
Answer;
Part ID: RAM-HOL-GA33U

Description:
UNPACKAGED RAM HIGH STRENGTH COMPOSITE CRADLE FOR THE GARMIN NUVI 1200, 1250 & 1260T $9.22

Part ID: RAM-B-149ZU

Description:
UNPACKAGED RAM MOTORCYCLE HANDLEBAR MOUNT, ACCOMMODATES RAILS .50" TO 1.25" IN DIAMETER $30.21

Has worked like a charm for me. Easy to mount, stable and secure. Gets the unit up there for a great view and the GPS is a heck of a lot more accurate than the speedometer.
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:33 pm

great thanks. i have the garmin 250 so i guess we use a different cradle but i imagine the handlebar mount is the same. btw do you have a pic of your setup? did you run power from you battery (wired to ignition)?

thumb Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:32 pm

I used the fuse cable from the Battery Tender kit. Ran it with the stock harness and up behind the left side of the tank. I keep the big plug in my tank bag and charge it when I stop for a while. Until I can get another harness to add a mini USB onto and shorten the cord length I try to avoid riding with it plugged in.
The cradle for the 250 and 1250 is different.
I will post pic later for ya.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:13 pm

RAM mount for wr2x IMG_6038
RAM mount for wr2x IMG_6040
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:23 am

Anyone using a Garmin 60 series?

I picked up a 60Cx to track us in case we got lost at Moab. I had it clipped to my hydration pack which was OK, but being able to see it easier would be nice. I looked at the RAM site and can't figure out how the heck it's supposed to mount or if one of the options would work.

My current theory is to just duct tape the sucker to the handle bar pad or something. Things like this just shouldn't be so hard!?!
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 pm

It uses the U-bolt and clamp around the bar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RAM mount for wr2x Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAM mount for wr2x   RAM mount for wr2x Empty

Back to top Go down

RAM mount for wr2x
Page 1 of 1