Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

is the battery under the seat? sorry...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

is the battery under the seat? sorry... Empty
PostSubject: is the battery under the seat? sorry...   is the battery under the seat? sorry... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:45 am

hi, sorry for the dumb question. but i can't seem to find this info in the owner's manual. so i guess the battery is under the seat? i haven't had a reason to take off the seat to check.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: is the battery under the seat? sorry...   is the battery under the seat? sorry... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:50 am

Yep. Sort of.

It's behind the side panel on the shifter side.
Taking the seat off, and removing the side panel gives you total access to battery.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: is the battery under the seat? sorry...   is the battery under the seat? sorry... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:52 am

motokid wrote:
Yep. Sort of.

It's behind the side panel on the shifter side.
Taking the seat off, and removing the side panel gives you total access to battery.

great thanks a lot. Very happy do i need to remove the panel if i'm just installing a battery tender?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: is the battery under the seat? sorry...   is the battery under the seat? sorry... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:57 am

Just the side panel to gain access to terminals.

The side panel tucks under the seat though...so depending on how much you wish to wiggle stuff around, and how tight your fits are, it might be easier your first time to remove seat first, then remove side panel.

Once you know how those two things fit together, you'll see how it can be done without removing seat.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: is the battery under the seat? sorry...   is the battery under the seat? sorry... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:02 am

motokid wrote:
Just the side panel to gain access to terminals.

The side panel tucks under the seat though...so depending on how much you wish to wiggle stuff around, and how tight your fits are, it might be easier your first time to remove seat first, then remove side panel.

Once you know how those two things fit together, you'll see how it can be done without removing seat.

thanks thumb bow Very happy cheers wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the battery under the seat? sorry...   is the battery under the seat? sorry... Empty

Back to top Go down

is the battery under the seat? sorry...
Page 1 of 1