Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Moto-Pro Suspension

Go down 
+5
ZED
hamish54
SheWolf
Tammy
Fanatic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fanatic

Fanatic

Moto-Pro Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I am going to have my suspension dialed in for my weight and I think I am gonna use these guys because John seems knowledgeable and has tuned a couple WRR's(they are also local). Anyone here have work done there? Let me know your experience.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:00 pm

I just got my rear shock re-worked by Go Race. This guy rips your stock junk apart and you get back what you SHOULD of got with the bike new, shit that works....

If he is not going to replace the valving your getting ripped..
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Hes want to replace the front valves with his ultra max stuff, respring the front for my weight, revalve the rear and replace the rear spring. He seems like he knows his stuff. Says it will ride like a new bike.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Seems to know what to do then.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Go with it man, you'll wonder why you didn't get it done sooner. Moto-Pro Suspension 61865

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:33 pm

If he does as good a job that Trivis did with mine, revalving, changing the rear shock head to be rebuildable; then you should be happy with the result. Seems like a whole new bike. Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:32 am

Last year I changed the fork oil to Ohlins 5W and they were much better.
This past winter I had my rear shock rebuilt by a local MX builder. He'd never seen a WR250X/R before but he knew Yami dirt bikes and had some good recommendeations for my size and usage. Having now ridden the new shock both at Moab and on the motard track I can say I'm very happy with the results.

The moral of the story is: If you're not completely happy with your suspension, take it to someone that does dirt bike suspension. It's a good suspension to start with and they can make it right.

Good luck and enjoy. thumb
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 am

OK, I know it's an old thread but I was wondering if anyone else had things to say about MOTO-PRO in Woodinville, WA. While Go-Race looks top notch MOTO-PRO is 20 minutes away.
Back to top Go down
DSA Allen

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:44 pm

gas_pig70 wrote:
OK, I know it's an old thread but I was wondering if anyone else had things to say about MOTO-PRO in Woodinville, WA. While Go-Race looks top notch MOTO-PRO is 20 minutes away.

I've dealt with John for more than 7 years and have installed many,many of his Ultra-max valves
I still have customers comming back to re-install them in their new bikes.
he has years and years of data to pull from, Alot people dont know this, but he used to be the nation's largest Race-Tech dealer in the country back in the 90's
if he is only 20min away you can't go wrong.
He will stand behind his work. and has top notch products

if you talk to him tell him I said hello
he's a good guy
let us know what you do

Allen
www.dualsportarmory.com
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:22 pm

ZED wrote:
Last year I changed the fork oil to Ohlins 5W and they were much better.

Good luck and enjoy. thumb

I think I will do this in the mean time. I added 15ml of 5w in the forks and that made a big difference. So do you think the stock fluid is lighter than 5w?
Back to top Go down
Adaycj

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 pm

DSA Allen wrote:
gas_pig70 wrote:

I've dealt with John for more than 7 years and have installed many,many of his Ultra-max valves
he has years and years of data to pull from, Alot people dont know this, but he used to be the nation's largest Race-Tech dealer in the country back in the 90's

he's a good guy
let us know what you do

Allen
www.dualsportarmory.com

Yes, John gets it done. He just did a fast turn around job for me. He revalved me WRR and it is amazing. You need someone that can talk to you about what you need. A revalve is about fixing stock problems and removing the compromises so the suspension fits you and your riding. My machine is a single track wonder now. It eats whoops, rocks, roots, and chop. It is so much safer too. No bucking, no slamming through the travel on roots, and no sky high rear tire if I charge the whoops.

A friend of mine said I "bought the farm" when he first saw my WRR. He rides a new KTM250EXC. After a day of woods riding with me he said he was glad I did't buy a KTM because he wouldn't be able to keep up with me. Little does he know, I am slower than him. I just have a better suspension (setup).
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:50 am

Adaycj wrote:
DSA Allen wrote:
gas_pig70 wrote:

he's a good guy
let us know what you do

Allen
www.dualsportarmory.com

Yes, John gets it done. He just did a fast turn around job for me. He revalved me WRR and it is amazing. You need someone that can talk to you about what you need. A revalve is about fixing stock problems and removing the compromises so the suspension fits you and your riding. My machine is a single track wonder now. It eats whoops, rocks, roots, and chop. It is so much safer too. No bucking, no slamming through the travel on roots, and no sky high rear tire if I charge the whoops.

A friend of mine said I "bought the farm" when he first saw my WRR. He rides a new KTM250EXC. After a day of woods riding with me he said he was glad I did't buy a KTM because he wouldn't be able to keep up with me. Little does he know, I am slower than him. I just have a better suspension (setup).

Perfect; sounds like we ride the same terrain and have the same view of the stock suspension. I just got home from riding the "small bike" course at the Easton D. S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto-Pro Suspension   Moto-Pro Suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Moto-Pro Suspension
Page 1 of 1