Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Central Az ride. low desert, sheep's bridge, horseshoe lake

Go down 
+4
Boondocker
SheWolf
X-Racer
rydnseek
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

Central Az ride. low desert, sheep's bridge, horseshoe lake Empty
PostSubject: Central Az ride. low desert, sheep's bridge, horseshoe lake   Central Az ride. low desert, sheep's bridge, horseshoe lake EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:22 am

Sheepsbridge. Part 1.

I haven't been on a ride in a couple of months.. too much going on, but i talked to Tom last week, & he was game for a ride on the little bikes. Tom & i are riding yamaha wr250's.. his an R & mine an X. He has a larger tank, & mine is stock with about a 100 mile range.. hopefully.. it's 80+ miles from Cordes to Carefree, the nearest fuel.

The weather has been unseasonably cool in Az this year.. ordinarily we wouldn't consider going to the low desert mid may, but it was cool, & this was a ride we wanted to do.

We met at Cordes Jct. off I-17 in central Az about 9 am, yesterday, 5/18/10. We found a back way from Cordes to Bloody basin road, & hit the road. It was about 42 miles to sheepsbridge, & the road was decent. ..washed out in a few places, some rocks, but mostly pretty easy. The views were spectacular.. i'd have never thought we could ride this area in mid May. The cactus & ocotillo were blooming, white waxy flowers on the saguaro's, & wildflowers everywhere.

Photobucket

The video clips are in High Definition.. none are real long.. nothing over 3 minutes, but they take a while. You can click on the resolution button to make them smaller & faster.