Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

got some pics finally

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clint

got some pics finally Empty
PostSubject: got some pics finally   got some pics finally EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:13 am

Cleaned the Cell Phone camera lens and started taking some pics of the work I managed to get done these past several days.

Bike with Stock exhaust
got some pics finally Img0679dy

Here's the bike with the Q4 Silencer and Power Bomb Header installed and the front tire and skid plate, etc...
got some pics finally 20100525192735

Here's the adapter bracket I made to install the OEM Heat Shield onto the Power Bomb (And you can see how much I spaced out the silencer heat shield from the silencer itself, so that my saddle bags wouldn't get too hot)

got some pics finally 20100525192235

I mocked up the spacer/adapter bracket using 1/16" aluminum but made the final part out of 1/8" aluminum bar stock. (which is not easy with only hand tools, LOL)
got some pics finally 20100525191525

Here's the rubber dampeners I attached tot he frame to eliminate the noise from my Zeta Bash Plate
got some pics finally Platei
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: got some pics finally   got some pics finally EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:26 am

Looks good Clint! Nice job on the mods for the exhaust. got some pics finally 61865

D1EHARD

PostSubject: Re: got some pics finally   got some pics finally EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:39 pm

clint, are you running a 21" front rim with the stock 17" on the back? I would love to hear how that's working out for ya and see some more pics if ya got em. Nice bike got some pics finally 61865
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: got some pics finally   got some pics finally EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm

D1EHARD wrote:
clint, are you running a 21" front rim with the stock 17" on the back? I would love to hear how that's working out for ya and see some more pics if ya got em. Nice bike got some pics finally 61865

Jason (from Warp 9 Racing) emailed me today to say the 18" rear wheel assembly (+rotor & 46tooth sprocket) is on its way so I will be putting on a Michelin AC10 when it arrives and then install it. I'm waiting for it to arrive before I put my Zeta rear disc protector on.

The 17" rear/21" front is actually not much different than my previous
bike (2007 KLX250S). Probably because of the K270's sidewall profile.

It's
very neutral feeling at lower speeds and really hooks up well off road
and when climbing rutted, muddy hills. I get just a little head shake at
high speed, though it's only "just enough" to let you know it's
there...I think of it as a gentle reminder that 70mph will get you there
almost as fast as 80mph, but with less drama.

I am seriously debating whether or not to sell the SM rims since I just saw a really nice antique 1985 GPz550 for sale locally for 1k OBO... (I had one of those and it was a very nice bike to ride. Had a good seating position and was a very comfortable ride. I am awaiting a reply from the guy and may pick it up tomorrow...

I removed the cortech saddle bags today and re-made the left-side rack and it seems to work just fine. I removed it to paint and I'll reinstall it this week and take pics.

Once I get the left-side bracket painted/powder-coated, I am going to see if I can make a mount for a rotopax or Kolpin to secure to my tail rack. That'll give me the option to either buy the 3gal IMS and carry some additional fuel, or buy the 4.5gal and carry Tea (I'm from the south...we need our tea)

Looking closer at the bike, at the way the silencer's heat shield is positioned to prevent the saddle bags from hitting the silencer, I think I can "maybe" rotate it a bit to look more like the stock position to fill the gap between the plate and the seat. It is fully functional, though, and that's more important to me than the look of the bike.

I took the bike for a little 20 minute ride today and as soon as I hopped off the bike I put my fingers on the power bomb heat shield....and never removed them. It cools so well where it is right now that I can touch it with my bare fingers and not get burned at all. It's hot, but just below the "ouch" level.

Haven't taken a lot of pics because I've been busy the last couple days fixing the Clarke 2.8gal tank for the KLX250S. The damn thing leaks where the brass fittings are mounted into the tank.

Considering the shitty quality of the tank I received, those fuckers at Clarke should stick to chocolate bars (yeah, I know it's a different company but you get the meaning)
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: got some pics finally   got some pics finally EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Here's a pic of the mock-up for the left side bag rack-thing to prevent it from swinging under the fender and fouling the rear wheel.

got some pics finally 20100525173341

It seems to work well, but I removed it and made a new design that is even better. It mounts to the lower buddy peg mount, then arcs out, then mounts (under compression) to the same spot on my Pro Moto Billet Tail Rack, as shown below.

got some pics finally 20100525173320

I counter-sunk the mounting screw, added reinforcement to the bend, and am hopeful the aluminum will not fatigue over time. (I can re-make it with steel bar stock if needed, I was just trying to keep it as light as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got some pics finally   got some pics finally Empty

Back to top Go down

got some pics finally
Page 1 of 1