Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

XXX pics..

Go down 
+2
xcel
rydnseek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Very unusual.. three.. count 'em, THREE wrx's with kenda 270 or equivalent tires all going out on dual sport & cobby dirt rides in moab..

XXX pics.. 1006mo10

who are these guys? who are the riders behind the bikes?
XXX pics.. 1006mo12

Why it's Ron, Wolfgang, & Scotty! .. riding X's set up for dirt... a very good setup, i might add!
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi Scott:

If I did not know any better, I would say you paid your riding buds to put those off-road meats on their X's just for the pic!

More importantly, did you all have fun on your MOAB outing?

Wayne
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Awesome...

but oi.....I would not want that extra gas on the handlebars like that.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:18 pm

poncho had the kenda's on before i got my shinko's.. he's the pioneer & mad scientist.. he wrote about them last year in his big bend ride report.

He's an animal, too.. no problem with the little extra weight.. only a gallon. I had to work very hard at times just to keep him in sight!

I took off the windscreen for the off road riding.. only used it for the ride up & back to moab.

I had fun.. only a couple of day rides, but those guys are still up there.. riding right now. I had work to do. :(

l8tr

XXX pics.. 1006moabwrt090e
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:11 pm

How's that RotoPax work on the headlight? Maybe it acts like a low tech steering stabilizer thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Awesome shots, Scotty! Ok so Poncho's the middle guy, who is the guy on the far left?

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:59 am

SheWolf wrote:
Awesome shots, Scotty! Ok so Poncho's the middle guy, who is the guy on the far left?

Looking for an introduction? Want the number of the cute younger guy? Ok... Poncho & i know where we stand..

That is Ron.. a cool guy from Fl. ..married.. a great cook.. funny, witty.. you'll want to fly down for a visit! poser2

Just teasing you, shewolf.. Ron should pipe in here with his wrx & let us get to know him!
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:05 am

Here's one video clip i got uploaded.. this one has a very steep, gnarly climb at the end, with some pretty cool vistas. Eventually, i'll get a ride report with everything in context.

Last edited by rydnseek on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:06 am

XXX pics.. 93746 Thanks hon, I needed a good laugh. XXX pics.. 61865 I thought maybe he was already one of the crew. XXX pics.. 986936

xcel

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:43 am

Hi Scott:

Were the guys you were coming up on and passing part of your group or another? The first rider looked like a Beemer rider?

Those trails looked scary with the sheer drop-offs to the right as you began the climb. I do not know how you ride those trails as fast as you do. I would be crawling up the trail next to the inside wall yelling expletives at every rut or bump in the road XXX pics.. 93746

Thanks for uploading the vid.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:21 am

We were down to 5 on our group.. 2 guys on klr's (650), 2 wrx's, & a super sherpa (250). They all took off while i was getting my helmet cam set up, so i had to ride hard to catch them, which i did on the rocky uphill section. One of the klr's had trouble on a long downhill later.. ended up dropping it. That was the first guy i caught on the uphill on a klr. It was also the only drop of the day for all of us.. all were pretty good riders & familiar with their machines.

The klr's are great bikes, but they are heavy... poncho also comes from klr background.. it was a klr group in town for riding that we hooked up with.

It looks like i'm going faster than i really am.. the helmet cams make it look like you're really ripping it up. But i guess i was trying to catch up at first. ..and the scenery was awesome!

I'm still uploading vids.. that takes a long time. They are big, & my 7m dsl is on downloads, not uploads.. i'm lucky to get .7m upload speeds, & half of them seem to cancel on youtube for no reason.

scotty
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 am

I'll finish up most of the ride report today.. here's a vid clip of a pretty gnarly section about the halfway point of the white rim trail. 2 wrx's with knobbies flew up this rocky, stepped part like it was flat pavement. Another guy got Ponchov coming up.. perhaps he will put it on you tube.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:33 pm

You went up that pretty good, Scotty! Step up trails like that can get hairy, especially when what looks like solid rock comes loose as soon as you go over it. Did Mark end up pushing it up the rest of the way?

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

How are those Kendas on the road?
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You went up that pretty good, Scotty! Step up trails like that can get hairy, especially when what looks like solid rock comes loose as soon as you go over it. Did Mark end up pushing it up the rest of the way?

We didn't push it up.. we waited until 'fast' Mark came, then he rode the other KLR up. I figured if Mike could ride up it on his 250 super sherpa with nearly bald street tires, i could fly up it with my monster wrx..

R_Lefebvre wrote:
How are those Kendas on the road?

Mine are shinko's, but are nearly identical to the kendas. I put ~ 30# air in them for the street.. down to ~ 10# for off road. They seem to roll fine, hold up well, & they are cheap.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:21 am

Which Shinko's? I just put 705's on mine last night. Like 'em for the street, but I'll need to find something knobbier for more serious off-road riding.

I'm just curious how the different off-road tires work on-road. I almost dropped mine this morning on the first turn. Damn mold release compound! At least, I hope that's all it was, otherwise these 705's will be pretty scary!

I absolutely love the bike like this with the big fat tires.

How do your Shinkos compare to the Kendas in price?
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 am

Duh, sorry. :) I've been on info overload with the new bike.

Interesting you say that the 244's are equivalent to the MT-21's off-road? If so, that's great, but surprising. I've got the 705 which will be my street tire, and was thinking of getting MT-21's for serious off-road rides. I think that's the most aggressive off-road tread we can find that fits?
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

XXX pics.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXX pics..   XXX pics.. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:34 am

I think the pirelli's are better off road than the 244's.. they are definitely a more aggressive knobby. But for most conditions, the 244's are fine. I've had them in as rough of stuff i've had the pirelli's in, & they got me through it. I haven't noticed a loss of traction.. i'm sure there is some.. i did feel more slippery in gravel corners, but when i dropped the air pressure that helped, too. They are just a good, all around tire, & cheap. ..certainly adequate for my needs.
Back to top Go down

XXX pics..
Page 1 of 1