Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR wheels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm

I'd like to know if someone ordered the R2 wheels for the X lately.

If yes, I would like to know how long it took before getting the wheels and from where you ordred it.
Back to top Go down
hughtwg

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Not sure what you mean by lately, but I ordered my wheels earlier this year from Wheeling Cycle and got them in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
jlpred

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Took about 3 weeks from wheeling. Worth every penny. I went full WRR, so I also replaced the front rotor/caliper. Hit up forest at wheeling, he'll take care of you.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks for the answers.

Since I ordered in March and been said in June that they didn't have the parts I wanted to know if they just forgot me.

It looks like it.
Back to top Go down
clint

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:54 am

I did it a little differently. I bought complete, ready to install wheels that came with spacers, rotors, and a sprocket. I wanted to be able to use higher quality spacers for the dirt setup since they push up against my dust seals on my bearings and the OEM spacers, being aluminum can get grit in them causing grooves making the dust seals the fail)

I went to Wheeling Cycle for my Front (took 3 weeks or so) and went to Jason at Warp9 for the rear. Took about 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:07 am

Clint: What was your experience with Warp9? I was thinking of going that route.
Back to top Go down
clint

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:46 am

WRoldman wrote:
Clint: What was your experience with Warp9? I was thinking of going that route.

Damn they need to fix the notifications 'cause I never saw this...sorry...

I received my Warp 9 rear wheel in May while I was off-work for the flood cleanup in Millington so I never got around to installing the darned thing. I was running with my Kenda 270 on the rear 17" while running the SM-Pro wheel I got from Wheeling Cycle Supply up front with a Michelin AC10.

When I finally got around to installing the Warp 9 rear wheel, at the end of June, I got a rude surprise in that the rotor they installed on the wheel was about 9.5", instead of 9". This size difference meant the "wave" portion of the rotor made contact with the pin that holds the brake pads in the calipers and wouldn't let the wheel spin.

I contacted Jason, at Warp 9, and he is sending me a new, proper sized rotor. Until I receive and install it, I can't really comment on its performance for "this" bike, but I can say their support after the sale is top-notch.

I used another wheel company called "Pro Wheel" when I did my frame off restoration for my 1998 YZ250

FROM
WRR wheels 1998yz25002fj3

TO
WRR wheels Img3458

You can right-click the pics and choose "view picture" to get the full-sized shot so you can zoom in on the pic and see the Pro Wheel setup a bit closer.

I was very pleased with these wheels. I laced them and trued them myself, though I did have to have the shop adjust the offset a bit on the rear because I was "off" by about 1/3 of an inch.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 pm

^ Thanks WRR wheels 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels   WRR wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR wheels