Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

About the mirrors

Go down 
+3
duanew
john92
angelWR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello!!
Has anyone installed these mirrors from Ken Sean? I need to know if the thread pitch works in our bike, before sending the payment.
It is better or easy mount this one??: http://motoscience.mybisi.com/product/73808/KTM-OEM-Folding-mirror-243-or-280mm_326342.html
Regards, and thanks

About the mirrors Retrov

Last edited by angelWR on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john92

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:27 pm

I have the exact mirrors but they are branded differently. For the clutch side, you will be fine with the standard mirror. If you plan on getting both sides, you will need the "yamaha reverse thread" for the throttle side.
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Thanks John92,is true, have reversed threads. I see that this will not be so easy with these mirrors. I will look for alternatives to this mod.

Regards
Back to top Go down
duanew

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:48 pm

An alternative:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571500
Back to top Go down
john92

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Damn, that's a sweet mirror setup!! I might have a set of foldables for sale if I look at that website for too long.
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

I want to use the threads where the original mirrors are mounted. No longer fit more things on the handlebars.
Back to top Go down
duanew

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:47 pm

angelWR wrote:
I want to use the threads where the original mirrors are mounted. No longer fit more things on the handlebars.

Look at this post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12898903&postcount=99

Even if the ball was the correct pitch to not use the adapter I do not believe that it would have enough clearance between the master cylinder reservoir.
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:44 am

Thanks, very interesting
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:54 am

I am loving my double take mirrors About the mirrors 61865 I wish I had these years ago, would have saved me a lot of money and frusteration.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:18 am

I'll keep my UFO's. They don't touch the ground ever when the bike goes to sleep and you don't even know they are there until you need to look back. thumb

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 pm

+1 on the doubletake mirrors. Love mine so far. I swap them between my WR and the Mrs.'s WR. I only bought two mirrors and ram arms, but mounted up 4 of the ball mounts, so moving the mirrors between bikes takes about 10 seconds. I move them to whichever bike I'm riding and if we both go, I either put both on her bike or we each use one. I've found that I don't bother folding them in on the trails. They move easy enough that they will just fold on if you go down, though I'm sure there is some position that will damage them. Someday maybe I'll find out. But since the mirror stocks basically cannot be destroyed and mirror replacement lenses are available, I'll risk it until proven otherwise.

These are some of the first mirrors that I've used that I have a nice view behind me without having to duck my head around and move my shoulders out of the way. They were worth getting if only for that. I hate mirrors that give you a good view of your shoulders, but not the road and traffic behind you.

Here are some pics of the bike sitting in the yard (in the first image, the ram arm coming off my topclamp is for my GPS). Ram arms? I'm silly with 'em!

About the mirrors Doubletakemirrors01

About the mirrors Doubletakemirrors02

About the mirrors Doubletakemirrors03
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 am

I have to buy these mirrors...
To order, without error:
2 mirrors
Two clamping pieces
Two Balls
1 reverse thread adapter

it's OK?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:59 am

Forget the mirrors... I'm moving to where Chad lives ! Damn that is BEAUTIFUL ! Wow !
Back to top Go down
duanew

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:33 pm

angelWR wrote:
I have to buy these mirrors...
To order, without error:
2 mirrors
Two clamping pieces
Two Balls
1 reverse thread adapter

it's OK?

Thanks

Here is the list to clarify:
2 mirrors
2 Ram arms (clamping pieces)
2 Ram balls

You already have the reverse thread adapter that I posted about above on this ADV page:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12898903&postcount=99

That should do ya.
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:57 am

It is true, is in the right mirror !!. About the mirrors 61865 Easier, thank you very much
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

Finally, I found these mirrors approved, at the local dealer, for 22 €. Photos:

About the mirrors Dsc03782b

About the mirrors Dsc03783b

Thanks for all.
Take this opportunity to wish you a happy new year cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About the mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the mirrors   About the mirrors Empty

Back to top Go down

About the mirrors
Page 1 of 1