Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Jame's Bay 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Next Friday we're leaving for the Jame's Bay. I'll do it with the Wee but this travel will serve to find if there are a trail circuit interesting for the WR and like motorcycles.

It'll be around 4,000km round trip. Over 1200km unpaved roads. There are parts of the circuit where there is over 300km between refueling stations.

I'll try to take pictures.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Cool. thumb
Where are you leaving from?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:21 am

Sounds like fun...

I realize it all my fault, but I'm geo-spatially disoriented with an indefinite reference to "known" locations. It sounds like a surf spot to me.

...so just for geographical-global orientation in our geographical-global forum, where
exactly (in the world) might you be referring to ?

A Google Earth link, or Lat/Long would be helpful.

For all we know we may be there ( or close).

P.S. I would venture that Dan's venture is leaving from "Home" ( another undisclosed location).
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:19 am

ZED wrote:
Cool. thumb
Where are you leaving from?

Montreal area.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:43 am

X-Racer wrote:

A Google Earth link, or Lat/Long would be helpful.

For all we know we may be there ( or close).

P.S. I would venture that Dan's venture is leaving from "Home" ( another undisclosed location).

It's part of the Hudson's bay northwest of Quebec.

Here is a google maps link to Radisson

Jame's Bay is the area where most of Quebec's hydro electricity is generated. Radisson is where the workers community lives. It's close to Chissassibi a Cree village that is the principal agglomeration of this area.

It's a place mostly visited for fishing and hunting. The main north-south road is the Jame's Bay road and the east-west is the Trans-Taïga. We take a gravel road that starts around Chibougamau and ends on the Jame's Bay road 400km later (la route du nord). The Trans-Taïga is a 600 km gravel road that's along the La grande baleine river. On this river there are 4 dams called LG1 to LG4.

We use to say that all we see over there is black spruce, water and rocks and that for hundreds of kilometers. The temperature can reach 29C during the day et and below the freezing point at night. I must say that at the end of june the nights are short over there. If you're afraid of moskitoes, black flies and the like, don't go in this area.javascript:emoticonp('Very happy')
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:56 am

Wow... It's got to be BEAUTIFUL ! I WANNA GO !

Take lots of pics ! Bonjour !

Edit: I suddenly turned Francais when I clicked the Google link. I was like: Oui oui-ing all over the place !

Thanks ! Have fun. Be safe. Did I mention PICTURES ! ?

I'll be here: http://www.hermosawave.net/webcam/videocam.php
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jame's Bay 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jame's Bay 2010   Jame's Bay 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jame's Bay 2010
Page 1 of 1