Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Geezer in Taos, NM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
taoshum

taoshum

New Geezer in Taos, NM Empty
PostSubject: New Geezer in Taos, NM   New Geezer in Taos, NM EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 am

Pulled the trigger on a WRR last Thursday, brought it home, left the KLR on consignment. Adapted the KLR Dirt Bagz mounts to WR, kinda tricky on exhaust side but it works now. Used the passenger footrest mounts to install the DB's hardware.

Installed the Damper from Scotts with Rental Bars.

Installed the RAM mount for Garmin 60CSX, now I need access to House power somewhere... suggestions?

One set of passenger pegs mounting bolts had locktite, one did not... plate illuminator is loose.

I don't understand the flapper change ... what does it to or the exhaust servo... what does it do?

Pulled the plastic front sprocket guard off, still need a case protector.

Probably carry some MSR gas bottles for range until the IMS tank is available.

Probably need a rear luggage plate??? WHich one? From Who?

Probably need a skid plate??? soon Which one?

Tank bag or Trunk bag? or a duffle across the Dirt Bagz?

Not many miles yet, about 35 but I love the moto. smooth, handles like a dream, pulls strong, easy to ride. Very light compared to the old KLR

Oh, put the dampers on the soft settings, front and back, compression and rebound.

and lowered the air pressure to 18 psi.

If you have ideas for me, I'd love to hear them. I've tried to read the mods section but I don't understand most of the stuff being done and the reasons to do them.

We just finished 4-5 trips throughout the western US and I became convinced that I needed a lighter moto so now it time to get going on the trips.

thanks, Gary
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New Geezer in Taos, NM   New Geezer in Taos, NM EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Geezer in Taos, NM   New Geezer in Taos, NM EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am

Hey Gary, welcome to the pack! thumb Feel free to ask us if something is confusing; we're all in here to help each other so we can get the most out of our bikes. I tapped into the license plate light to get my power source (that was after I modded the tail section and got rid of that hideous whale tail).

PostSubject: Re: New Geezer in Taos, NM   New Geezer in Taos, NM EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:34 am

Ahh--another NM WRR rider, welcome. I'm new to the WRR but far from new to riding. Don't get up your way much for offroad--there is plenty down this way. If you have not already check out
http://nmdualsport.org/nmds/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=30
http://www.newmexicorider.com/forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: TAOS!   New Geezer in Taos, NM EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm

All you need is within these forums-Happy trailing! I love Taos Mtn..... Great fluffy, dry powder! Can't wait for this winter. wings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Parts supplier   New Geezer in Taos, NM EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Gary, most everyone uses these guys. great deals and good service-Forest is his name i think. http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=119
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Geezer in Taos, NM   New Geezer in Taos, NM Empty

Back to top Go down

New Geezer in Taos, NM
Page 1 of 1