Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.

Go down 
+14
X-Racer
rydnseek
Chief_Lee_Visceral
PooTeeTat
inspector
Mr. Fisherman
deerHater
Mr.Metal
skierd
njbill
SheWolf
Medski
Matty
Fanatic
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Fanatic

Fanatic

Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. Empty
PostSubject: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:29 pm

So I went to test the new suspension that was just built by Moto-Pro. I rode some jeep trails and forest roads and was having a great time with what is now a pretty competent woods bike, when around the corner comes a toyota corolla hauling ass. He sees me and locks the brakes. When he does this, the car stops turning, and come straight at me . I try to avoid him but run out of road. I turn a little as to not hit him straight on, and lift my leg to not get crushed, and brace for impact. he hits me and throws me and the bike into a boulder strewn ditch. I was so full of adrenaline that I jumped up and ran over to the drivers door, ripped it open and grabbed the guy. Just as I was about to mangle him, I came to and let him go. I think this freaked him out, because it took him a while to get out of the car.
Anyway, the bike needs a new pipe, handguards, mirrors, headlight, and front fender. It also tore my brand new Klim pants! I am pretty sore. Luckly I was in full gear. I am sure my chest protector prevented a broken arm, as it took a direct hit to a boulder. Its sore and bruised but ok. My hand is also black and blue and swollen, but I dont think its broken. Be careful on the forest service roads because of guys like this that think they are rally racing!

The new suspension works awesome! New springs, valves and fluid did the trick. It rides like a cadillac! If you havent done this mod, run dont walk to your local pro and get it done! If you cant afford it, sell something, its worth it. I personally recommend John at Moto-Pro. He really knows his stuff and a really nice guy. The spring were custom wound, and he makes a of his own components, and fluid! Good shit!
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 pm

ouch... glad you aren't worse off.
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:18 pm

that sucks :(

Hopefully you'll feel better soon, its good you aren't in much worse shape.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:37 pm

eeek Holy crap, that's brutal! I'm glad you aren't any worse off; the bike can be fixed. Maybe there's some riders who might be able to help you out in the parts dept? That certainly will make things a bit easier.

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 pm

I am glad you are not hurt. Any motorcycle accident that you can walk away from is a minor one. The rest of the damage is secondary to your well being. Take care.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Wow that sucks, glad you're alright! Give the bike some time and make sure there isn't more damage, a car hit isn't minor regardless of speed.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:07 am

Holy crap man! Glad you're mostly ok, and the bike will get fixed. Where were you riding?

Also, since I'm just down the road from you, can you tell me a bit more about the Moto-Pro service? Did you drop the bike off with them? How long did it take and what was the process? Care to share a price? (PM is fine)

Hope your recovery goes quickly and the parts arrive soon!

Fanatic wrote:
So I went to test the new suspension that was just built by Moto-Pro. I rode some jeep trails and forest roads and was having a great time with what is now a pretty competent woods bike, when around the corner comes a toyota corolla hauling ass. He sees me and locks the brakes. When he does this, the car stops turning, and come straight at me . I try to avoid him but run out of road. I turn a little as to not hit him straight on, and lift my leg to not get crushed, and brace for impact. he hits me and throws me and the bike into a boulder strewn ditch. I was so full of adrenaline that I jumped up and ran over to the drivers door, ripped it open and grabbed the guy. Just as I was about to mangle him, I came to and let him go. I think this freaked him out, because it took him a while to get out of the car.
Anyway, the bike needs a new pipe, handguards, mirrors, headlight, and front fender. It also tore my brand new Klim pants! I am pretty sore. Luckly I was in full gear. I am sure my chest protector prevented a broken arm, as it took a direct hit to a boulder. Its sore and bruised but ok. My hand is also black and blue and swollen, but I dont think its broken. Be careful on the forest service roads because of guys like this that think they are rally racing!

The new suspension works awesome! New springs, valves and fluid did the trick. It rides like a cadillac! If you havent done this mod, run dont walk to your local pro and get it done! If you cant afford it, sell something, its worth it. I personally recommend John at Moto-Pro. He really knows his stuff and a really nice guy. The spring were custom wound, and he makes a of his own components, and fluid! Good shit!
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 am

Ouch! It sounds like you did well avoiding a much worse head on collision and likely even more serious injuries.

Heal well!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:33 am

I may have some of those parts.
If the guy who hit you isn't covering it.

I would be very interested in your broken headlight. I need the connector for the electrical connection.

I have mirrors, blue front fender and other parts as well as a headlight shroud in blue.

I also have a stock pipe if that is what you are looking for.

Let me know...

I hope you recover quick and that you get your bike back together soon.

I am also interested in the shop info and pricing. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 am

Quote :
Holy crap man! Glad you're mostly ok, and the bike will get fixed. Where were you riding?

Also, since I'm just down the road from you, can you tell me a bit more about the Moto-Pro service? Did you drop the bike off with them? How long did it take and what was the process? Care to share a price? (PM is fine)
I was riding in the Teanaway. Moto-pro is in Woodinvillle. I tore down the bike and brought him just the forks and shock to save a little money. I ordered the part in advance, then took him my parts when the new ones came in to lessen the down time. Once my components were at the shop, it took 5days to get them back. I had the ultra max kit installed in the front and new fork springs. The shock got a new spring and revalved. It set me back just over $700 with tax.

Quote :
I may have some of those parts.
If the guy who hit you isn't covering
He said he will pay up. We shall see. There was no police report, because its quite a few miles out to cell service. I got all his info though.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:39 am

Wow, what is up with people getting hit in the pnw?

*glad you escaped unscathed for the most part.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Full gear???

$1000

Restraining yourself after dipshitz nearly kills you?

Priceless........

Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. 195268
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 pm

I have been down 5 weeks with a compound fracture of the clavicle. Riding with my gear strapped to the back of my bike like an idiot at Tahuya. Klim will give you a deal on the pants if you send them back I think. You can have my stock pipe if you want it. I think you have my number so text me if you want it.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 pm

I think there's a very good chance he will pay up.. he's seen what you can do when you're upset, & i'm sure he doesn't want to upset you any more.. I may fly you in if i need someone to 'negotiate' for me in a dispute..

He was at fault, anyway, & was exceeding the limit on forest roads.. I've had many near misses with quads ripping along the forest roads.. too many think they're racers & are competing for a $1m prize. wink
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Unless I can see, I ride around every turn like there is a 4X coming the other way.
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 pm

I am always cautious approching corners on the forest roads, I will be even more now! I appreciate all the support, and offering up parts, but I talked to the guy today and hes being very cooperative. Hes gonna pay to replace all damaged parts, and offered to pay for me to see a doctor if needed. Ill keep you guys updated.
Chief, sorry to hear about the crash. hope you are tearing it up soon!
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm

wow fanatic! good to hear you handle it and was going to kill the guy, he will tell his friends and maybe that will save some one else from those jokers that forget that they are not the only one out there on those roads. i experience that all the time where i live, it's like threading the needle every time for me and i just shake my head at them, they get it.
glad you are ok as you are and do get checked out bro. it is amazing how fast it happens, heal up and get back out there. thumb
Back to top Go down
ekahwaty

ekahwaty

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:48 pm

Glad you are doing well. One can't remind themselves enough what can happen. Glad the gear protected you and I hope this can drift into a distant memory without too much hassle.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm

I was riding in the Teanaway. Moto-pro is in Woodinvillle. I tore down the bike and brought him just the forks and shock to save a little money. I ordered the part in advance, then took him my parts when the new ones came in to lessen the down time. Once my components were at the shop, it took 5days to get them back. I had the ultra max kit installed in the front and new fork springs. The shock got a new spring and revalved. It set me back just over $700 with tax.

That's close to me, I'm in Everett. I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Amen brother! That's the only way to survive, both on and off road. If you can't see around the corner, slow the hell down. You shouldn't be in a hurry to your funeral.

X-Racer wrote:
Unless I can see, I ride around every turn like there is a 4X coming the other way.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Since you calmed yourself enough from hitting said shithead physically I would hit him in the wallet instead. Cost of parts and shipping plus your time to repair. Did you get any cell phone or camera pics for your defense if you should need them? Hopefully you wont need them but just in case.
Glad to know you are ok!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.   Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car. Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to test the new suspension....and got hit by a car.
Page 1 of 1