Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear shock stuck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Barely moves at all - even with my full weight on the bike. Disassembled the swingarm & linkage and all bearings look good. Shock assembly came out a lot easier than I thought it would.

Power Parts Plus wants $447.80 for a new shock assembly. Rear shock stuck 490865 Does anybody have any aftermarket suggestions - hopefully cheaper?

Of course this happened a day after I was invited to spend the July 4th weekend in the PA mountains... Doesn't look like I'm going now. Rear shock stuck 342500
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Not sure about an aftermarket one, but it might be cheaper getting yours rebuilt maybe? dunno

Goggles Pisano

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Ah, an excellent idea... A quick web search got me to http://go-race.com/wordpress/ where they advertise a rear shock rebuild for $100. I think I'll go that route. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Goggles Pisano wrote:
Ah, an excellent idea... A quick web search got me to http://go-race.com/wordpress/ where they advertise a rear shock rebuild for $100. I think I'll go that route. Thanks!

I don't know if they offer $100 rebuild for the WR. There are quite a few thread on here where guys had gorace rebuild their shock, but that was more than a simple rebuild and cost much more than $100. Either way, I'd say go with a rebulid rather than buy another shitty shock that will still suck.
Back to top Go down
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Just got off the phone with Travis at Go-Race. He said "around $300" which is still better than buying a new one as stated above. It's going out on the big brown truck first thing tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 pm

thumb It struck me as I was sitting here doing the tally for the tank. I know an Ohlins is crazy...so is Fox. Being the suspension guys are doing the WR's now, it had to be cheaper than $600.

galland1

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 pm

You will be very happy with the go-race shock rework. Rear shock stuck 379944
Except you will want to have the front done. Rear shock stuck 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear shock stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock stuck   Rear shock stuck Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear shock stuck
Page 1 of 1