Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blewwrx

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx Empty
PostSubject: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:19 pm

I am looking to swap out the stock bars with some Renthal Fatbars. What clamps are available for oversized bars? I see Wheeling has the Zeta clamp, but they are priced pretty high. I would like to stay as close to the stock height as possible.

Anyone have any tips for installing grips? This is the first time I'll be installing grips on a twist throttle bike. Is it a bad idea to use grip glue?
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 5:51 pm

blewwrx wrote:
I am looking to swap out the stock bars with some Renthal Fatbars. What clamps are available for oversized bars? I see Wheeling has the Zeta clamp, but they are priced pretty high. I would like to stay as close to the stock height as possible.

Anyone have any tips for installing grips? This is the first time I'll be installing grips on a twist throttle bike. Is it a bad idea to use grip glue?

I just installed some Highway Dirtbike clamps and they're great.... Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx 93746 . The bottom clamp is about 1/2" highr than stock but you can compensate by getting a lower bend bar.

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx IMG_04661

As for grip glue I've never used it as Ive heard too mant horror stories of no matter how careful the throttle always get glue in it.... Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx Icon_rolleyes . I use hairspray to slide them on and when it dries in becomes very tacky and does the job for me...

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:01 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FAT-BAR-1-1-8-MOUNTS-KTM-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SUZUKI-YAMAHA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2308418ad3QQitemZ150462368467QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Looks like those will work for you.

I bought the ux-1 clamp from wheeling, it is worth the 65 bucks.
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks. I was looking for something cheap along the lines of the ebay link, but may just go ahead and get the Zeta clamp.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm

blewwrx wrote:
Thanks. I was looking for something cheap along the lines of the ebay link, but may just go ahead and get the Zeta clamp.

Personally, I like the Zetas, combined with the CR High bend bars. You get about .75in. lift from the bars over stock, and .8 in from the Zetas. I get "almost" 2" rise from this setup which, for my height and arm length, is perfect

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx Img0719v
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Nice. Where did you get those Zeta clamps from? I haven't seen those.

Would putting a handlebar pad get in the way of accessing the key?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:41 pm

blewwrx wrote:

My bar pad does touch the key (when turned to on) but doesn't interfere with anything.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:08 pm

blewwrx wrote:

I got the Zetas from Wheeling Cycle Supply. I also have the bar pad on them, and I have no problems with the key hitting the pad, provided I use the keychain that has only my motorcycle key, disc lock, and trailer ball lock on it.

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx Img0721ys
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:12 am

I ended up going with some Pro Taper Contour bars Henry/Reed bend with the Zeta UX3 clamp. Unfortunately the clamps are too wide and prevent the Pro Taper bar pad from being installed. Did you guys have to shave down your bar pads to get it to fit over the clamps? I'll get some pics of my setup tonight.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 am

No shaving for me, just slapped it on.
But I have zeta bar pads with the zeta ux-1 clamp.
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Clint did you have to shave anything off your Pro Taper pad to get them to fit over your clamps?

Here are some pics. It's been raining the past 2 days so hopefully I can take the bike to work tomorrow to test out the new setup.
Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx IMG_4348

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx IMG_4345

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx IMG_4342
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx   Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx Empty

Back to top Go down

Fatbar handlebar clamp for wrx
Page 1 of 1