Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Muddyrabbit

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Everyone who appreciates what She Wolf did to make this tank happen, CLICK THIS! A bunch of you knew this was coming now go check out the final result.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks Rabbit...thanks all of you! Shog

PostSubject: Bump   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Now that everyone has all their tanks installed are there anymore good pictures? I am interested in getting a black one and haven't seen any good pictures yet. Any black tanks installed with any graphic kit would be great!

My wishlist is now;

4.7 gallon IMS tank in black
Lynx fairing in black
Luggage rack
Shinko 244's
Get rid of handlebar vibration.
Go on a long ADV ride!
needpics
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Subaru297

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 pm

That one does look nice. I think I will have to get one and see how it looks with a graphics kit on. I am still debating between the 3.1 and the 4.7 though......

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 pm

I have both.

Most people with an X want a cleaner look. People with an R don't care so much and want the range of the 4.75. Which are you?

I have an X but ride it like a R.

If you have an OFF and scratch the panels with the 3.1 its not that big a deal.

If you you have an OFF with the 4.75 and scratch the tank it's more of an issue. I have already.
Back to top Go down
craftycoder

craftycoder

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Are y'all generally happy with this tank now that you've been riding it for a while?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Scharcon wrote:

If you you have an OFF with the 4.75 and scratch the tank it's more of an issue. I have already.

how big a deal is it? I'm cool with battle scars, not so much with fuel leaks.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 am

craftycoder wrote:
Are y'all generally happy with this tank now that you've been riding it for a while?

Very happy!

Have used for many days of riding and is super nice not to be looking for gas and just riding.

Have fallen on left and right side-no problems!

For me, this works very well!
Back to top Go down
Justlookin

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:37 pm

This tank install has been the absolute best mod for my bike. I like to do long range trips to places where fuel availability may be a issue and not having to worry is great. I also have the 3.1 gal tank and had originally planned to swap back and forth but I am comfortable enough with the big tank that I don't see me ever using the 3.1 again.
I came to the WRR from a XRR with the 7 gal tank so I guess I am used to the larger tank. Also I figure I am getting somewhere around 250-300 actual miles range, since I'm running 14/48 gearing and the odo and speedo are inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 am

Finally got around to testing the reserve on this tank. 45 miles after the light came on. I had lowered the sensor. No engine cut outs or anything. Everything works as it should.

On first install I had connected to the wrong place on the vacume hose. Now that I have it connected in the correct spot, it works just fine.

I am real happy with this tank. I put a gallon of gas in after the reserve ran dry. Rode about 10 miles to a gas station. And it took 4.4 gallons to fill it up (according to the pump). dunno I think that gas station must be ripping people off.
Back to top Go down
OLDOG717

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:27 pm

The newb Oldog would like to be in on this group buy, if not too late. NATURAL
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 pm

OLDOG717 wrote:
The newb Oldog would like to be in on this group buy, if not too late. NATURAL

Too late by over a year friend...
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 am

Well my 4.7gal tank leaked!! Yesterday while fitting some pivot pegs I could smell fuel. Found fuel was coming out of the left hand side brass bung at the bottom of the tank where it holds down one of the pipes. I had to syphon out the fuel, lay the bike on its side, clean the area of all fuel and put some more thread tape on the bung. Seems to have fixed it for now.

I think the cause of it was my new Acerbis locking gas cap. I don't think it is venting well enough and the tank is building up a lot of pressure. It let off a decent "woosh" when I opened the cap to start syphoning the fuel out. Waiting to hear back from Acerbis one what they say.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am

installed the 4.75 gallon (18 L) and I like it.
easy install, fit is good (a little wider at the knees)..
I can finally get out of town...
IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Dsc06911IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Dsc06912IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Dsc06913IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Dsc06914IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Dsc06915
Back to top Go down
crash a-ron

PostSubject: Got another leaker!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:55 am

My wife and I both got the 4.75 gallon tanks, and while mine (natural) seems to be ok so far, my wife's developed a leak at the brass bung on the lower LH side.
I called IMS and they said, "yeah, some of the early tanks did that- we'll send you out a replacement." OK, cool, I thought...

The new tank they sent has the same date stamp on the bottom, but obviously has some teflon tape around the threads on both the lower bungs. :hmmm:

Well, might as well try and see if it works, so I drained her (just filled of course) old tank, and got it off the bike. Once off, I noticed her old tank was also leaking a little at the fuel pump flange!
Putting a straight edge on the mounting surface, it is obvious the tank has deformed a bit between every mounting screw, and caused the tank to leak in a very bad place.
The viton o-ring supplied by IMS is in perfect shape, and shows impressions from the rough surface on the tank, but it was definitley leaking.

Before I go through the trouble of installing the new tank, has anyone else's been leaking? Should I try some sort of goop in addition to the oring? We've got vacation planned in a couple of weeks (my only one this year),
and we need the range the big IMS provides...

Thanks-
Aaron
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:45 am

Well my vacuum pump is definitely not doing its job! Tried and checked absolutely everything today and yeah, not doing the job at all! Pretty bummed out cause also had to fix the leaking bungs once again.
Back to top Go down
migrant

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Installed last weekend. The low fuel light comes 3 gallons from full, so mileage is easy to figure out.
[img]IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 5a74db19[/img]

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 E2403e8d

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 6b09ced1
Back to top Go down
RedRio

PostSubject: IMS 4.5 Gallon    IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 am

How can I buy this tank?
Please send me a web link.
Thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
migrant

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

http://justgastanks.com/product_info.php?products_id=1469
Back to top Go down
Maximage

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 am

So SheWolf, what was the outcome of this : "Also, there is a new thing brewing on the horizon for this tank as well. Just can't say what it is yet, because it's in the inception phase but it does sound really exciting. Once I know more, I'll post up. "??????
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm

/\ This?
Back to top Go down
Maximage

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 am

Now you seem to be around again SheWolf, any chance of info re: my post two up from here? Anticipation is killing me.
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Really liking the extra fuel/range. Filled up yesterday at ~250 miles. Low fuel indicator light comes on around 180 miles. If mpg and capacity are accurate, this should give around 320miles per fill up.
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Just picked up a used 4.7 IMS tank... planning on beginning the install tomorrow. Looking forward to the extended range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next