Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Here's a peculiar update.

First, i've put a lot of miles on my tank, with a lot of drops, scratches, & jostling. It 'takes a licking & keeps on ticking'.

2. the suction pump did not work at first. I got down to the wings, & ran out. I usually filled up before it got that low, anyway. But this last trip to moab, i was riding against the wind, & had worse than usual fuel economy. I couldn't see the level, but thought i had plenty to get to mexican hat, ut. I did, but the level was below the pump! For some reason, the vacuum pump started working without me taking it apart & fiddling with it.. something i had been planning on doing for a couple of years.

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 1305moab+%252877%2529e
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:03 pm

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 IMG_0805-L

I haven't ridden it long enough to see whether or not the vacuum pump is working properly but I plan on testing it in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Jdcooper

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:12 am

crash a-ron wrote:
My wife and I both got the 4.75 gallon tanks, and while mine (natural) seems to be ok so far, my wife's developed a leak at the brass bung on the lower LH side.
I called IMS and they said, "yeah, some of the early tanks did that- we'll send you out a replacement." OK, cool, I thought...

The new tank they sent has the same date stamp on the bottom, but obviously has some teflon tape around the threads on both the lower bungs. :hmmm:

Well, might as well try and see if it works, so I drained her (just filled of course) old tank, and got it off the bike. Once off, I noticed her old tank was also leaking a little at the fuel pump flange!
Putting a straight edge on the mounting surface, it is obvious the tank has deformed a bit between every mounting screw, and caused the tank to leak in a very bad place.
The viton o-ring supplied by IMS is in perfect shape, and shows impressions from the rough surface on the tank, but it was definitley leaking.

Before I go through the trouble of installing the new tank, has anyone else's been leaking? Should I try some sort of goop in addition to the oring? We've got vacation planned in a couple of weeks (my only one this year),
and we need the range the big IMS provides...

Thanks-
Aaron

Same as mine, look here for the details: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6319-fixing-a-leaking-ims-tank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29