Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?

Go down 
+3
Mr.Metal
SheWolf
taoshum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
taoshum

taoshum

LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? Empty
PostSubject: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 pm

I just put on LED turn signals and the blink rate went way up. Where is the blinker relay or whatever it is? Can I replace it with a slower one?

thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:30 pm

You will need to add 2 resistors on the front and back to slow it down to stock. Replacing the flasher will not fix it.

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Why wouldn't replacing the stock flasher with an LED-specific flasher fix it? I'm pretty sure it would. I chose not to do so as I actually like the faster blinking rate. From my experience, the faster rate is actually more eye-catching for other motorists.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Same reason I didn't bother. Better to be seen and with those things flashing like a raped ape, pretty hard to miss. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:02 pm

I ordered one of these to slow the blinker rate down on mine. Plugs directly into the factory connector.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-LED-INDICATOR-RELAY-YAMAHA-OEM-BLOCK-TYPE-/250379073134?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a4bc1766e

Looking at the battery, the relay is to the right of it.

Check this thread out and scroll down to post #13. There are pictures showing the location of the factory relay.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=59950
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 pm

I agree that the fast blink attracts more attention, but I also assume most idiots on the road are blind, based upon the evidence of their driving habits. Rolling Eyes

When possible I try to avoid fast blink signals as this indicates one of two things:
1. You have a signal light out
2. You have modified your signals

Around here, either of these is as bad as using an arm signal within view of a cop. It attracts their attention. Then, they pull you over for no valid reason, demonstrate their lack of understanding of the signal light laws, harass the sh!t out of you because whatever you are riding/driving isn't what they feel is appropriate for your age, and make your life H3LL next time you try to cross the boarder. Not that I have first hand experience there or anything... GAHHHH

So, both flash speeds have merit, but you want to think of the consequences. I certainly do on my Z1000 with it's mods including fast-flash, regardless of how I'm riding. Very happy
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 am

I did the resistors on mine and it still blinks faster than stock
I don't have a problem with it thoughi
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 am

12 o clocker is supposed to be building an electronic controller for LED flashers. No news yet though.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:43 pm

I ordered a flasher from www.customled.com that says it will slow the LED turn signals to "DOT" specs, whatever that is. Hope I didn't make a mistake. Supposed to be a plug in replacement for the OEM unit.

UPDATE: I installed the new flasher today and it works perfectly, plugs in to the OEM cable and fits in the space of the OEM flasher. It is a potted assembly so it should be go for vibration, shock of the WRR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?   LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate? Empty

Back to top Go down

LED turn signals... HOW do I slow the blink rate?
Page 1 of 1