Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How hot are you????

Go down 
+9
YZEtc
Jäger
SpiritWolf15
mwakey
craigq
inspector
WRoldman
SheWolf
motokid
13 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

How hot are you???? Empty
PostSubject: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Quote :
New York (CNN) -- Temperatures in metropolitan areas along the eastern seaboard were in the high 90s late Tuesday morning, and a hot air mass that settled into the region Sunday promises hotter and more humid weather.
The National Weather Service issued a heat alert for areas along the so-called "megalopolis region" -- Boston, Massachusetts; New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Washington, as well as all of Delaware and New Jersey -- areas that had already awoken to unusually high morning temperatures Tuesday.
The weather service also issued an additional "excessive heat warning" to be in effect until 8 p.m. Wednesday for Philadelphia, Trenton, New Jersey, and parts of Delaware.
National Weather Service officials are advising people to stay indoors as the prolonged heat and humidity creates a "dangerous situation."

Temperatures in New York City, along with much of the Northeast, are expected to break 100 degrees and may reach a record of 101, with a heat index -- which factors in humidity levels -- approaching 107.

It's kinda toasty here in my area.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Forecast

Issued: 5:00 AM PDT Tuesday 6 July 2010

Today:
Sunny. High 27. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight:
Clear. Low 11.

Wednesday:
Sunny. High 32.

Thursday:
Sunny. Low 10. High 33.

Friday:
Sunny. Low 11. High 34.

Saturday:
Sunny. Low 16. High 33.

Sunday:
Sunny. Low 16. High 32.

Monday:
Sunny. Low 16. High 31.

Summer weather's finally decided to show itself. cheers

motokid

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:24 pm

For you non-americans - it's 37 C here right now...heading to 38 C.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm pretty damn sexy! How hot are you???? 53647
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Supposed to get in the upper 80's here this week. First time this year. Woot-Woot.

*what's that....31c or so, i think

Now if I could get these damn kids out of here so I can relax and then get ready for tomorrows ALLLLLL Day/Night riding.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:07 pm

103 officially

Quote :
The reading at New Castle Airport hit 100 degrees just before noon, breaking a 98-degree record for July 6
set in 1999. The temperature later reached 103 degrees, matching the
all-time temperature record at the airport of 103 degrees, set on July
10, 1936.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 pm

33C / 91F , with humidity it's 43C / 109F
It was a warm ride home from work How hot are you???? 640571
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

LMAO!! You guys don't know what heat is! Those kind of temps are what we have in the WINTER!! Come on down here if you want to know what hot REALLY is!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 pm

WRoldman wrote:
I'm pretty damn sexy! How hot are you???? 53647

How hot are you???? Worthless

mwakey wrote:
LMAO!! You guys don't know what heat is! Those kind of temps are what we have in the WINTER!! Come on down here if you want to know what hot REALLY is!

Hey Mark...we trade one month of your summer for one month of our -40 winter. Very happy

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 pm

High 20's and low 30's for this week. In Vancouver that's pretty dammed good How hot are you???? 379944
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 pm

mwakey wrote:

And here I sit laughing my ass off in turn!

Oh, you want to try my kind of hot?

It was only 95 degrees today. Of course, the humidity was about the same as the temperature - 95%. Which sorta means you can sweat your bag off all you want, your sweat isn't going to evaporate and cool you off. And because you're down in the grass and shrubs that are doing their photosynthesis thing, the humidity at that level is probably just about as close to 100% as it can get.

Now put on a big steel helmet . And full fighting order bombed up with about ten mags each. Oh, and don't forget your body armour, complete with front and back plates. Let's say about 65 pounds ready to kick that pig.

Now do section attacks through reactive SIT ranges and the urban ops live fire compound. For about five hours to fight through three kilometers. Covering it in tactical bounds of about 15 meters a bound. Up, dash, down, sights, fire. Make sure you have your shirt sleeves down and good leather gloves on your hands. Might be hotter - but otherwise, that weapon becomes a branding iron, and I don't care what the cool dudes say about how those plastic handguards keep the weapon from burning your hands. No shorts and sandals allowed.

I burned through at least 3000 rounds today in at least ten attacks - probably more, because I was rockin' the C9 for several of those attacks and burned through two or three ammo drums on each one. At the end of the day, I was 15 lbs lighter than when I stepped off the helicopter this morning, even though I sucked up water every chance I got.

Now THAT is hot.

But it still isn't as hot as the sandbox...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Speaking of sandbox... poser2

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Jäger wrote:
---It's hot where I am---

*offers iced tea*
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Tibarus wrote:
Jäger wrote:
---It's hot where I am---

*offers iced tea*

Don't offer what you can't deliver.

Now THAT is cruel.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 pm

On the plus side....my X, after sitting in sun for most of the day started right up and ran fine.

No hitches or hic cups at all.

The heat rolling off the pavement gets brutal though...I don't care where you are, or where you live you are not going to tell me 103 degrees isn't f'n hot.

That's not a heat factor, nothing calculated and added for humidity. That's just temperature.

Road temperatures were reported to be in the 130's and above.

In this area.....that's just awful. But my X never complained once. How hot are you???? 61865

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Reached 98 degrees today.
Forecast for 96 tomorrow.
I can't really complain because I hate wintertime in my old age. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:30 pm

motokid wrote:
On the plus side....my X, after sitting in sun for most of the day started right up and ran fine.

No hitches or hic cups at all.

The heat rolling off the pavement gets brutal though...I don't care where you are, or where you live you are not going to tell me 103 degrees isn't f'n hot.

That's not a heat factor, nothing calculated and added for humidity. That's just temperature.

Road temperatures were reported to be in the 130's and above.

In this area.....that's just awful. But my X never complained once. How hot are you???? 61865

I'm surprised your nuts haven't popcorned yet... eeek

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 pm

mwakey wrote:

LOL. Hot doesn't even make the news down there huh
I was in daytona and saw the reflectors on the pavement, said to my buddy, " man....how do they keep the snowplows from ripping those off"
We had summer last year but this year I could count the nice days on my fingers

Anyway someone has to say it "it's not the heat, it's the humidity"
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 am

Quote :
I don't care where you are, or where you live you are not going to tell
me 103 degrees isn't f'n hot.

The good news is you don't have to warm up your tires.

Barely broke 70 deg F here on the So Cal beaches today. It was drizzling this AM.

The sun broke through the fog about 1600 hours. Should get down to 60 deg. F tonight.

Pretty normal for the most part.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Cool   How hot are you???? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 am

I am a cool guy: 11-17c or about 51 F How hot are you???? 724854 I am thinking about moving to Scottsdale Arizona where i once experience 124 F. How hot are you???? 810411
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Day #2

Quote :
It's another record day for heat in Delaware.The temperatureHow hot are you???? Mag-glass_10x10
reached 101 degrees at New Castle Airport, breaking the record of 98
Fahrenheit set in 1897, the National Weather Service
reports.

Yesterday's 103 F = 39.4 C
Today's 101 F = 38.3 C

That's just heat. No heat index. Straight Temperature.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 pm

We are a comfy 97 degrees or so here in Georgia.
Now the buildings I work in are a bit warmer. Radiant heat from exhaust temps of 795+ degrees and oil and water header temps of 140+. Get in next to the turbine and its 1120-1140 degrees off the exhaust.
Its nice to get outside and have a cold chill with 97 degrees ambient temp. How hot are you???? 9356
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How hot are you????   How hot are you???? Empty

Back to top Go down

How hot are you????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: