Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
f3joel
simonpig
7 posters
AuthorMessage
simonpig

simonpig

HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. Empty
PostSubject: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:01 am

OK. Heres the deal. Thought I would buy some trick HEL steel braided (bought off ebay) brakelines for my R2. Installed both lines and began to bleed the brakes. The only problem is I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? There doesn't seem to be any leaks, that I'm aware of, but there isn't any pressure on the levers indicating that brake fluid is being compressed. HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. 724854

What gives? HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. Icon_scratch Read the repair manual. Do I need to take apart the whole system, including the calipers and replace caliper seals and all that?

HELP. I have a ride coming up next week and need to solve this quickly. Thinking I might just take it to the dealer if worse comes to worst.

Would be grateful if some of you who have done this and can guide me.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:05 am

Just keep bleeding and pumping them until you have pressure.
It can take a while manually...
Or go buy a vacuum pump.
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Bought a mighty vac. Bled both brakes and life is now good again. I can't imagine doing it without the vacuum pump.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:59 pm

Well, you'd get good strong hands from all that squeezing.... HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. 93746

Kalani Prince

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:15 pm

just did the same the other day.. The rear master cylinder doesn't build up pressure in dry lines, EVER.. haha.. Had to do some siphoning and she was finally able to build a tiny inkling of pressure.. From that point on it was a few pump, bleed releases and done.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:36 pm

How do you like that ebay HEL kit? the price is right...
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 am

By far the best way to fill new, totally empty lines is to fill from the bottom up from the bleeder. Get a large syringe, fill with fresh brake fluid, open bleeder, attach syringe to bleeder with a short length of hose and slowly pump in new fluid until you fill the master cylinder.
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 am

I'm still rocking the stock lines, when you switched out to the new super-pimp ones, did you notice better performance?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:36 am

I did. What I thought were decent stock lines turned out to be spongy once the HEL's were in there. This bike should come stock with them. HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. 93746 HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. 61865

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Was the eBay HEL Brake Kit sold as a WRR/X Kit? or did you pick and choose fittings, lengths, colors, etc.? Average Price? HP Gain? Very happy Also, any pictures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.   HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work. Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP ! Installed new brakelines, now brakes dont work.
Page 1 of 1