Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Do you listen to music while riding?

Go down 
+14
PooTeeTat
yellowredlight
YZEtc
Jäger
Tammy
xcel
motokid
aaronhall555
Navajib
ZED
Ryan Nelson
SheWolf
inspector
Medski
18 posters

All the time, everywhere.
Do you listen to music while riding? Empty4%Do you listen to music while riding? Empty
 4% [ 2 ]
Sometimes, anywhere.
Do you listen to music while riding? Empty17%Do you listen to music while riding? Empty
 17% [ 9 ]
Sometimes or always but only on the road.
Do you listen to music while riding? Empty25%Do you listen to music while riding? Empty
 25% [ 13 ]
Sometimes or always but only in the trails.
Do you listen to music while riding? Empty0%Do you listen to music while riding? Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
No, never.
Do you listen to music while riding? Empty54%Do you listen to music while riding? Empty
 54% [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
Medski

Medski

Do you listen to music while riding? Empty
PostSubject: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Do you listen to music while riding? And Also, if you do, what kind of music and what gear do you use for that.

Wires?

Blue Tooth options?

What's out there?

R2 iPod intégration?
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Just a wired MP3 player. Never on the trails....need to hear others coming. Also we are always stopping and talking to figure out which road to take, wouldn't be able to hear then.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm

I've got a speaker system in my helmet. It has a female jack at the base of the helmet that I plug a headphone cable to, that goes to my iPod. The cable has an adjustable volume control so I can have it set to wherever I want it, so I can hear nothing, hear music and stuff going on around me, or just straight tuneage. Do you listen to music while riding? 61865 I fabbed it up myself.

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am

While dualsporting, I run an ipod in my rally jacket with noise reducing earbuds from Skullcandy. I also run a scosche wireless remote on the bar, so I can pause the music at stops, adjust volume, skip track, etc while riding but not being tethered to the bike. Works great!

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1821
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:55 am

I probably would sometimes, but I hate pissing with wires attached to my helmet, and I've had poor luck with bluetooth headsets in the past.
Back to top Go down
Navajib

Navajib

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 pm

I used Scala Rider's G4 and my iPhone to listen wirelessly. Voice activated too. Very happy
1/2 the time while commuting, but I have yet to use it on the trails.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 pm

I sometimes stream Pandora on my iPhone with the standard iPhone headphones while on long road trips or hitting up trails. I leave the little volume remote/mic on the iPhone headphones dangling out of the helmet so I can quickly change the volume or even answer a call while riding ;)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:43 pm

inspector wrote:
Never on the trails....need to hear others coming.

I feel that way about riding on the street.

I can't imagine not being able to hear what's going on around me.

Do you listen to music while riding? 490865

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Navajib:

How do you like your Scala Rider G4 (Cardo Releases Software Upgrade to the Scala Rider G4 Motorcycle Helmet Headset)? Work as expected, better possibly? How is it to answer a call via Bluetooth while crusing?

TIA

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 pm

J&M with Zumo with XM radio. It's on the DL and love it. Had music on my bikes as far back as 79... Boy do I miss Disco!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Medski wrote:
No, I'm paranoid of what might jump out and bite me. Hearing is already impaired riding a bike. Of course, I don't talk on my cell phone while driving my truck either.

I save the tunes for when I get back home, can go sit on the deck and admire the mountains, and sip some fine scotch while listening to some vintage rock.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:40 pm

See what happens when your into old rock. Now if you got into disco you would need it all the time poser2
Just say`n
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:47 pm

April Wine, anyone? Do you listen to music while riding? 810411

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Yooooooou'rrrre myyyyyyyyy giiiiirrrrllllll,
And enough is enough!

Do you listen to music while riding? 61865
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 pm

SheWolf wrote:

No, she was talking disco. When I read that it reminds me of Abba, the BeeGees, and the Bay City Rollers. poser2

You're an odd one there Tammy, but hey, like Chuck Berry said: "Live how You wanna Live!" thumb

I used to hate disco. But, when I look back and compare it to the bulk of what the last 25 years had produced, mmaaaaybe it wasn't so bad.
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:14 pm

I was replying to Jager. Do you listen to music while riding? 93746 Disco makes me think of John Travolta and then I Do you listen to music while riding? 527254

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 am

i thought about it, but its just another thing to mess around with or worry about while riding.

I like to keep it simple and I enjoy taking in everything
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

I thought the sound of my baffle-less bike WAS music. Do you listen to music while riding? 490865
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:44 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Well... April Wine, Chilliwack... a little on the light side. Backman - Turner Overdrive... always a favorite since playing at my high school dance (in their prior incarnation, when they called themselves Brave Belt and all wore hideous long furred vests).

Nah, classic rock is more like Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Alice Cooper, Grand Funk Railroad, Edgar Winter, Frampton, CCR, Allman Brothers, Atomic Rooster, Buffalo Springfield, etc.

I kind of think of Dire Straits as a new band...

ZED wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
No, she was talking disco. When I read that it reminds me of Abba, the BeeGees, and the Bay City Rollers. Do you listen to music while riding? 851577

You're an odd one there Tammy, but hey, like Chuck Berry said: "Live how You wanna Live!" Do you listen to music while riding? 61865

I used to hate disco. But, when I look back and compare it to the bulk of what the last 25 years had produced, mmaaaaybe it wasn't so bad.
Oh yeah!

One reason I don't listen to much new music, is it all sounds pretty much alike. It does indeed make disco look good.

You might not have liked a particular band from the late 60's through early 80's, but they sure as hell pretty much all had their own, very unique sound.

Which is why people will still be listening to classic rock from that period 30 years from now and the pablum being made today will be long forgotten.

But I still don't listen to music on my bike.
Back to top Go down
nirvana

nirvana

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Do you listen to music while riding? 93746 HARDER FASTER,,,,That is great music..Thanks for reminding me about them SHEWOLF..I usually just listen to my I-pod,with the jelly earbuds that dont hurt my ears..I also use the earbuds to listen to my GPS when I dont know where I am going.HA! Do you listen to music while riding? 29721
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:06 pm

a couple of times
I used ear buds and my scanner while crusing back roads
I might do the same with my HT ham radio some time
but usually it's EAR PLUGS and nothing, just enjoy the ride. Do you listen to music while riding? 89954

Six8
and as of a few weeks ago "VA3TTD" Do you listen to music while riding? 379944
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:54 pm

I can't do it... I just start riding to the rhythm of the music, drift away and sorta forget I'm riding.

Which would be okay listening to Loggins and Messina in wide open stuff. I'd be lolly-gaging along no problem watching the birds and flowers.

The problem is when I get to the T&Ts and Metallica comes on. I'd be off the trail.
Back to top Go down
HAPPYSILLYFACE

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:07 pm

I got one of these about a week ago and it works great! I can listen to MP3's from my phone and when a call comes in just say "Hello" and it answers hands-free. Caller cannot tell I am riding the bike even at 70MPH+ and when they hang up, the music starts playing again. Will also work with intercom and some GPS units but I have not tried that yet.

http://www.bluetechguy.com/proddetail.php?prod=Interphone_F4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you listen to music while riding?   Do you listen to music while riding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1