Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

zeta handguard throttle side install question

Go down 
+2
motokid
NorgeWR2X
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

zeta handguard throttle side install question Empty
PostSubject: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 am

hi there, must i shaved down the throttle tube? thanks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:28 am

The end of the stock Yamaha molded plastic throttle tube is "capped" for the lack of a better word.

You must, at the very least, cut that molded cap off, or drill a large enough hole in it to accept the handguard mounting hardware.

Not sure why yamaha used such a crappy throttle tube.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 pm

I used a 5/8" hole saw and cleaned up the edges with a dremel.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm

One thing I found was to cut that cap off, and then cut about another 1/8 of an inch off it. The tube will bind against the handguard otherwise.

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:06 pm

SheWolf wrote:
One thing I found was to cut that cap off, and then cut about another 1/8 of an inch off it. The tube will bind against the handguard otherwise.

+1 on that. I used a hacksaw and just made my way around being carful not to cut into the handle bar itself.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:43 pm

I also removed a bit of the tube, using a dremel, and wasn't careful enough to not cut into the handlebar. zeta handguard throttle side install question 490865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeah, you definitely DON'T want a burr on that.... zeta handguard throttle side install question 640571

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 pm

The throttle tube is now shorter than where the mark is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguard throttle side install question   zeta handguard throttle side install question Empty

Back to top Go down

zeta handguard throttle side install question
Page 1 of 1