Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Religion - which one is "the best"?

Go down 
+30
BuilderBob
IndigoWolf
trav72
resqman911
adamoto
Akasy
mordicai
mash100
Medski
BWA
stumo
deerHater
0007onWR
rydnseek
andrewlat
f3joel
SteveO
rokka
Chief_Lee_Visceral
Captain Midnight
Dancamp
aaronhall555
SpiritWolf15
Jersey Devil
superbee24
Jäger
Tammy
taoshum
SheWolf
motokid
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:49 am

I've lways wonder why some people beleive that words coming from someone are better than the same coming from someone else be him dead or alive.

Is the meaning of these words good by themselve or does it need to come from a specific source to have value ?

If Jesus would not be alive, all he taught his believers wouldn't be as good ?

Since some believe that Jesus is alive without seeing any life sign from him, why Lao Tzu as an example, couldn't be alive the same way ?

Finally, why some faiths need to be a denial of other faiths ? Isn't it inconsistent with the message they are supposed to carry ?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 am

Seems sort of hypocritical doesn't it Dan? thumb

FYI: Lao Tzu is not a god, nor did I ever suggest, or say he was.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 am

Different things work for different people. Whether its girls, bikes ,or your religion. No one likes a person who is a know it all, and will not let others have their own beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 am

motokid wrote:

FYI: Lao Tzu is not a god, nor did I ever suggest, or say he was.

That is my point. The words whoever they come from have their own meanings. Be it a god, my neighbourg or an unknown person, the words have their meaning.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:25 am

Dancamp wrote:
I've lways wonder why some people beleive that words coming from someone are better than the same coming from someone else be him dead or alive.

Is the meaning of these words good by themselve or does it need to come from a specific source to have value ?

If Jesus would not be alive, all he taught his believers wouldn't be as good ?

Since some believe that Jesus is alive without seeing any life sign from him, why Lao Tzu as an example, couldn't be alive the same way ?

Finally, why some faiths need to be a denial of other faiths ? Isn't it inconsistent with the message they are supposed to carry ?

There is only one truth.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 am

mordicai wrote:
Different things work for different people. Whether its girls, bikes ,or your religion. No one likes a person who is a know it all, and will not let others have their own beliefs.

Don't be misled, there is only one way to Heaven. I care about you. Base your beliefs on truth.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 am

That is my point. The words whoever they come from have their own meanings. Be it a god, my neighbourg or an unknown person, the words have their meaning.[/quote]

Yes, but don't be decieved by those words. Pray that the Holy Spirit will show you the truth.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 am

FYI: Lao Tzu is not a god, nor did I ever suggest, or say he was. [/quote]

Who you worship, is your god. God, the maker of Heaven and earth, loves you. Sing His praises, talk of His greatness. All others pale.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:07 am

[quote="0007onWR"]Much too provocative a thread
People who believe are just as hard to change as people who don't
Who know's, maybe their right an I'm wrong.?
I think where it get's lost is in the fundementals like explaining the dinosaur
Heck there are stars in the sky that produced light (that is just arriving here now) before the bible says good took a day off
When I hear that stuff it just doesn't make sense and takes way too much faith for me
There's a bit of a trap, they can't make a bible version 2.0 cuz that would mess things up bad
It also does not explain Budda or any of the other religions that existed before Christianity
Anyway, to each their own, believing does not mean you are an idiot but trying to force your beliefs on others just might mean that, that goes both ways
If I'm wrong I'm gonna eat crow at the pearly gates, if i'm right, I won't be able to tell you[/quote]

So call on Jesus to come into your heart, and show you He is real. To take away all doubt. Then you can live your life with confidence, knowing that Jesus is Lord of all.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:48 am

Cap/n Midnight,

I've decided that from here on out I'm going to view all of your religious posts as nothing more than severe, and intense baiting.

Almost troll type posting.

Posts where the only purpose is to incite direct, and emotional rebuttal.

I can't read your posts as something serious. I think you are laughing your ass off posting that stuff and just waiting to see who might take the bait and run with it.
Very happy

Well played.....I bought into it for a while. I was the beehive. amazon

But now I'm on to you. You sir, are a master baiter. poser2

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:49 am

oh....and is the quote feature really that difficult to use....

Quote :
really man

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Jesus only wants the best for us. Sometime the truth exposes hurt in our lives that we would rather keep concealed. Jesus can heal our brokeness, forgive our sins, and make us the people we were ment to be. God has a plan for each of our lives.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Yup, my gods/goddesses Gaia and Hecate are behind me 100%. As are my three animal spirits. Oh and don't forget the all mighty Yamaha God. "Those who dare ride another breed will be condemned indeed...into the repair shop." Very happy poser2

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:33 am

There's some creepy video on youtube of some girl saying she's glad god sent an earthquake and tsunami into Japan as she know's that there are lots of "sinners" there,
and maybe now, people will re-find their faith.

edit: here it is - click me if you dare... :)

baldy baldy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:10 am

Thank's for the heads up motokid. I was about to get thrown off this forum for bad behavior. I used to get into these long bash ups with Hari Krishna's at the airports. I thinks I;ll just skip over Capt. Midnight from now on.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Suspect Who'da been kicking you off the board for your views, Mord? Ppl are entitles to their opinions, as far as I remember that wasn't an issue. Everyone has a right to their opinion, I just don't agree with ppl going on about who is right and who is wrong, and there is only ONE way to see this kind of thing. That's bullshit. To each their own. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Nice to see you back on line more often now Wolf. You must be feeling better. I've missed your dirty mind!

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:26 pm

motokid wrote:
There's some creepy video on youtube of some girl saying she's glad god sent an earthquake and tsunami into Japan as she know's that there are lots of "sinners" there,
and maybe now, people will re-find their faith.

edit: here it is - click me if you dare... :)

baldy baldy
Well, that must pretty much define religion and religious people then. Proof is in the pudding.

Of course, a couple of local bike trash killed a family by mistake in our little berg last year. Wrong house. Didn't make YouTube, but I guess that says all anyone wants to know about people who ride motorcycles.

Not really sure what one whackadoodle - religious, athiest, or agnastic - has to do with anything other than being a one off sideshow for the morbidly curious.

Chalk the disturbed wench up next to the other one saying this should make everyone realize there is no God.

Fruitloops like that will always try to pick an unusual event to prove the rule.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm pretty sure I never said anything about that nutty girl being a representative of all religious people.

If you could quote that reference from me I'd be more than quick to recant it, and apologize.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:29 pm

motokid wrote:
I'm pretty sure I never said anything about that nutty girl being a representative of all religious people.

If you could quote that reference from me I'd be more than quick to recant it, and apologize.
My references to the whackadoodle concerned her, not you.

And seeing as you decided the best place to put your post was in a thread which has being going on lately about whether Christians are out to lunch or not, instead of putting it in a thread of it's own, it seemed an appropriate place to post my reply. In fact, I think you kind of started this thread with a comment somewhere along the lines of "Abrahamic religions seems really bizarre and hypocritical". While asking for a nice, rational discussion of course.

Which is kind of interesting, considering your more recent post that some people were posting "where the only purpose is to incite direct, and emotional rebuttal." Surely you didn't post that here to "incite direct and emotional rebuttal"? Or as commentary on Christians (ignoring your original statement that you found them bizarre and hypocritical, of course)?

So really... why DID you decide this was the best place to tell us about an isolated Christian whacko - when even you must realize it is a pretty safe bet that most Christians in church today are praying for the people of Japan, whether you believe it or not? And while Christian organizations like the Salvation Army are over there doing what relief work they can?

Just to add a little more context.

For more context, why don't you enlighten us with information on what the Taoists you say you most identify with are doing to help the people of Japan?

Of course, Taoists like to practice wu-wei, the practice of non-action, so I guess that will be a short story.

Kind of looks to me like you've been baiting Christians pretty much from your first post. Which is within the rules for off topic, to a point. But don't try and blow smoke up our asses and convince us it's pixie dust.

Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Ya gotta love this forum for pure entertainment.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:23 pm

@ Jager:

Why are you so defensive?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Well, I for one will be attending a metaphysical fair coming up in a couple of weeks with my wiccan/pagan/shamanic sisters/brothers, all proceeds going to fund Japan relief for Vernon's sister city, Tome. thumb wings

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Well, I for one will be attending a metaphysical fair coming up in a couple of weeks with my wiccan/pagan/shamanic sisters/brothers, all proceeds going to fund Japan relief for Vernon's sister city, Tome. thumb wings

Sweet...take pictures if you can.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Most definitely. thumb These kind of events are always fun. We did one not too long ago for cancer 'Run For the Cure.' We did a pirate themed one this time. wink

PostSubject: Re: Religion - which one is "the best"?   Religion - which one is "the best"? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion - which one is "the best"?
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: