Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?

Go down 
+4
KLRchickie
keith_mahoney
mash100
PooTeeTat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm

I wear Bates "Cop" boots modelled after Army jump boots.

I felt my right heel was awfully warm after highway riding at 80 MPH with 12/48 gearing.

After the ride I noticed a slight melt to my inside right heel. I ride toe-on-peg, with my heels up by the passenger pegs.

Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? Pictur10

Later the heel end piece let go as well.

Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? Pictur11

I think I'll heat wrap the exhaust and/or create a heat shield inside the rear brake master cylinder.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:27 am

I haven't had melt, but I sure notice the heat on my right leg - fine in the winter, but gets a bit uncomfortable in hot summer weather!!!
Back to top Go down
keith_mahoney

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 pm

mash100 wrote:
I haven't had melt, but I sure notice the heat on my right leg - fine in the winter, but gets a bit uncomfortable in hot summer weather!!!

Really? I haven't felt any heat at all coming off this bike. Then again, my other bike is a Buell. Arguably one of the hottest bikes sold.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Do you have stock exhaust?

ZED has an FMF exhaust, & his foot gets a bit hot. I have the stock exhaust & my foot gets HOT. He rode my X for 30~35km yesterday & got a blister! We're guessing that his bigger feet get closer to whatever the really hot spot is. I'm considering pulling the heat shield from the stock muffler to see if it makes a difference in the heat pooling at my heel.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes I have stock exhaust. What really concerns me is that the rear brake master cylinder must be boiling. It gets too hot to touch. Good thing I don't use the rear brake much!

I assume that I get a little hotter than most folks because I have 12/48 gears and I ride about 80 MPH every chance I can. Shog

I've also melted the right side of my tail plastics just above the exhaust discharge.

I'm going to try heat wrapping the exhaust soon. When I pay off some bills (yeah, right) I'll buy another exhaust. This bike needs about ten more HP. horse
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm

My guess is that it's due to the cat. converter in the muffler radiating some nice heat.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 am

My ride today without the heat shield was inconclusive as to whether it helps the foot heat. My foot got bloody hot at times, maybe for not as long --- but the ambient temperature was significantly lower too Suspect. I'd really like to come up with something useful. Riding with my heel on the peg is not my first choice!
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:58 am

The other day when searching for farkles I ran across a brake guard for our WR, but today I have been unable to locate the info for you hot feeted riders. I will post the info if I can find it. dddog
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:24 am

Here you go:

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/4090
Back to top Go down
love2lean

love2lean

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Strange my boot never gets hot but my leg does through my leathers and road race gear. I have the stock header wrapped tight going into the yosh pipe with no shield or Xup. The wrap helped alot with sending the heat further down stream in the system.

Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? Xhead-1

Be advised the stock header is a MOFO to remove !!!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:28 pm

I think the heat wrap would possibly make the heel issue worse.

I wonder if the heel heat issue is more prevalent with stock or modded exhaust?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X?   Anybody else melting their right boot heel on the X? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1