Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ripped Off

Go down 
+6
mwakey
inspector
drater
SheWolf
SpiritWolf15
Krabill
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Didn't know where else to put this, so if it needs to be moved, sorry.

As the title states, I got ripped off. Not even one ride on the bike and it's gone. I swear if I ever catch up with the prick who stole it his nuts will be pate for my mother's pice of shit dog. baldy
Back to top Go down
Krabill

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Damn, that sucks. I hope you had it insured.
Back to top Go down

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:14 pm

I was going to plate it today but it got ripped off before I even had it at my house. The damned thing was in transit here when it got lynched. GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Mikey wrote:
I was going to plate it today but it got ripped off before I even had it at my house. The damned thing was in transit here when it got lynched. GAHHHH

*hugs* This sucks in so many ways... Where is the honor in people?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Coulda shoulda woulda....well, we know they won't be able to insure it because the VIN will be all over BC by now. I'm keeping my eyes and ears tuned in because I have feelers out all over the place here in the interior. thumb

drater

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:49 pm

sorry man, just amazing budah
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 pm

The whole way it played out was just.... eeek The guy had to have been a professional. Just too damned cool to be able to pull it off like he did. dddog

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Just to put it in better perspective so it makes more sense....I am cross posting this to save myself from typing it out all over again after spending 4 hours with the pigs. pig

So I bought a new bike when I was out of town on a small work thing. I've been really stoked about getting it, so I bought it and then figured I would have it shipped back since I didn't have anything to haul it back in at the time. $7000 got me my bike, it stayed behind and I had arranged for a trucking outfit to pick it up on its way through town and grab it. My mother then mentions that her friend's daughter could help. Well, her daughter's boyfriend. To save me freight with the trucking outfit, he offered to go and get it for me, which was kind. I don't really know the guy, but being that t was in direct relation to a friend of my mothers' it seemed to be the better option. It turns out that one of his buddies thought that they could make a day trip out of it, and it would be no problem to pick him up in his truck and the two of them would head out first thing in the morning to go get my bike. So this guy picks up Terry and they head out to go get my bike, which they did, 3 hours later. They loaded up the bike and then stopped off at a restaurant for something to eat before heading back. Terry had to go to the bathroom so he got up and when he came out he realized that both the truck and the bike were gone. He waited for an hour before realizing that he had been left behind, so he called the cops. Turns out his buddy, who he had only known for a couple of months, had stolen the fucking truck they used early that morning and picked him up. The cops found the abandoned truck 2 hours later and my bike was nowhere to be seen. All the paperwork for the bike was in a ziplock bag under the seat. Fuck me I don't know why I didn't take the paperwork with me when I paid for the fucking thing, but I didn' so everything but my debit slip proving I withdrew $7000 from my account is all I have. The cops have both mine and Terry's statements but I don't hold much hope for getting the bike back. I'm sure it's getting stripped for parts. How could I be so fucking stupid and I want to kill somone right now...

That's it. So yeah, so much for trusting a 'friend' eh? baldy
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Dude, that down right sucks. I don't even know what to say?
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:40 pm

inspector wrote:
Dude, that down right sucks. I don't even know what to say?

Sucks doesn't even begin to describe it... It's harsh beyond words...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 pm

I guess I'll just have to let her ride mine a few times then. thumb

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:41 am

Wow, that's horrible. What was the guy thinking, anyway? I mean, if your friend knows him, he's going to get caught at some point.

I borrowed a truck to go pick mine up, but I was by myself. I didn't even like letting it out of my sight for a few minutes if I had to grab a bite to eat, get gas, whatever, so I chained it up to the bed of the truck.

And now that I'm using it to commute to work, it's sitting right in front of the receptionist's window . . . and chained up. I've got full coverage insurance, but I really don't want some scum bag to take off with it.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Sorry to hear that Mikey. Maybe you'll get lucky like the guy over at TT who got his back after they ripped it off. He did have to replace some stuff, but it was not a total loss. Good luck finding it and the bastards who took it.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 am

Only good news is that if caught, the bastard gets TWO counts of GTA and with luck a "Hanging Judge". The sad lesson is you gotta think like a scumbag to beat one.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:05 pm

BluePill wrote:
Only good news is that if caught, the bastard gets TWO counts of GTA and with luck a "Hanging Judge". The sad lesson is you gotta think like a scumbag to beat one.

We're in Canada.... No one hangs here anymore... Sad really...
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Or even go to jail for stealing the bike. Canada sucks. budah
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Mikey wrote:
Just to put it in better perspective so it makes more sense....I am cross posting this to save myself from typing it out all over again after spending 4 hours with the pigs. pig

The "pigs" eh - you mean the guys trying to find your bike and who found the truck? The guys who spent 4 hours of their time with you?

Karma at work.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:08 am

Wow! That really sucks Mikey! Sorry to hear it.

Krabill wrote:
And now that I'm using it to commute to work, it's sitting right in front of the receptionist's window
thumb
At one place I worked that was part of the conversation when interviewing a new receptionist. they had to keep an eye out for my bike with I parked on the sidewalk outside their window.

Jäger wrote:
Mikey wrote:

The "pigs" eh - you mean the guys trying to find your bike and who found the truck? The guys who spent 4 hours of their time with you?

Karma at work.
OK, the term may be a bit harsh (I don't usually use it in public). But, let's face it. In many places here in Canada they aren't spending any time on real crime, they're spending all their energy on tax collection.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:19 am

Before this goes south, which I hope it doesn't because we are all big boys and girls... thumb let's keep this on topic. Keep us posted on the bike, Mikey; I know it's driving you nuts. Chances might be slim, but don't give up hope.

Admin
Jäger

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 am

ZED wrote:

OK, the term may be a bit harsh (I don't usually use it in public). But, let's face it. In many places here in Canada they aren't spending any time on real crime, they're spending all their
energy on tax collection.
Let's face it? Really? It seems you want to tell me about my old job. I spent 12 years in policing in three different detachments and never spent one second on tax collection. Come to think of it, I don't remember any of the guys working on tax collection. There did used to be a couple of guys in E Division assigned to C&E, but that was it - literally, a couple. They spent most of their time hooked up with Customs chasing drug smugglers. There's guys I used to work with now working with Calgary Police Service and another who worked for Edmonton Police Service until he was murdered on duty. None of them ever mentioned anything about working on tax collection or protecting government revenue.

So, being the curious guy I am, how much time did you spend working in law enforcement that gave you this inside knowledge into how the police in many places are spending all their energy on tax collection? This must be a new development since my time, so I'm interested in hearing all your personal knowledge on this. I know you just wouldn't be repeating something you read on the Internet... right?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:51 am

Ok guys, keep this either to a PM and discuss this or if you have to, open up another thread in the off topic area. Thanks.

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:44 am

Jager, what the hell?! I wasn't taking a personal attack out on you, or any of your cop buddies, geez! It's a word, nothing more than calling a lawyer a blood sucking parasite. Good god man, take a chill pill, alright? Rolling Eyes

As for any new news, nothing yet. I've been working pretty much full on since the snow's receded, but hopefully something will turn up. Thanks to the others who have offered their support, it means a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ripped Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripped Off   Ripped Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Ripped Off
Page 1 of 1