Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Call me crazy but....

Go down 
+8
xcel
dtx
taoshum
Jäger
BigBird
X-Racer
SheWolf
Medski
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 pm

OK.........You Crazy.

Go for it!
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 pm

On the road!!! Posting from Niagara Falls :P
More update coming... I'm writing a blog too so i dont repost like the same post on 4 forums :p

Like now i cant find wifi so i write in note pad todays post there Will be daily reports. It just may not be updated daily, i'll do my best. Check it out:

Westthensouth.wordpress.com
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:02 am

Medski wrote:
On the road!!! Posting from Niagara Falls :P
More update coming... I'm writing a blog too so i dont repost like the same post on 4 forums :p

Like now i cant find wifi so i write in note pad todays post there Will be daily reports. It just may not be updated daily, i'll do my best. Check it out:

Westthensouth.wordpress.com

If you do get to this area, the weather better improve first.

Or you'll be riding alone.

More snow...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:51 am

We had snow over here too at about 5300'. Hail the size of marbles and a shitload of rain. The rest of the week looks pretty good right into the weekend. Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 61865

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Jäger wrote:

More snow...

It looks like I'm bringing sun with me according to forecasts... *knocks on wood*
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Medski wrote:
Jäger wrote:

More snow...

It looks like I'm bringing sun with me according to forecasts... *knocks on wood*

Better get a new forecast - at least, if you're headed in this direction instead of more to the north and through the Okanagan...

Hasn't even hit 10 C today, it won't - and I ran into 4 grumbly bears today on my morning ruck run. Apparently they gave the golfers at one of the local courses a bit of a pause day before yesterday when they wandered onto the links to munch some grass.
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Well, I'm gonna pass through Yellowstone and head up to calgary for a few days. Then i'll go through banff and the okanagan area. Then I'll pass down by your area on the way to Utah. At least thats the plan for now. thumb

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Medski wrote:
Well, I'm gonna pass through Yellowstone and head up to calgary for a few days. Then i'll go through banff and the okanagan area. Then I'll pass down by your area on the way to Utah. At least thats the plan for now. thumb
Given the weather around here right now, I wouldn't be in a hurry if I were you.

Of course, Calgary being Calgary, maybe you'll get snowed on if this weather extends that far.

Seriously, given the weather and the temps around here right now, I wouldn't start a trip right now and if I was on one, I'd have a plan B that included holing up for a while if the weather goes really Delta Sierra.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

It's pissing down rain here right now. I can just imagine what it's doing on the passes. Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 640571

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:35 am

Well everything is on hold for now as I have lost my passport, my wallet and cards and IDs and stuff... So stand by in Calgary... Hopefully the gas station has my bag. We'll see tomorrow.

If there is a kind soul in Calgary on this forum... I might need a roof for a day or 2 depending on what happens tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 am

Oh, that's crappy. We're actually home here for a few days if we can help out. Drop me a line.
PM Sent.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Medski wrote:
Well everything is on hold for now as I have lost my passport, my wallet and cards and IDs and stuff... So stand by in Calgary... Hopefully the gas station has my bag. We'll see tomorrow.

If there is a kind soul in Calgary on this forum... I might need a roof for a day or 2 depending on what happens tomorrow.
Frack... I lost my passport once in Germany, and never realized it until I hit Austria. I got lucky like you might - I had left it at a swimming pool two days before. Had to drive all the way back to Frankfurt am Main to get it though - an extra day either way.

If you're stuck on the US side, I gather you're somewhere on the Montana side near Sweetgrass, Del Bonita, or one of those other crossings.

If you're stuck for a few days in the US, then get yourself to Whitefish and we'll feed and shelter you and lend you whatever you need until you can get travelling again.

If you need something sent to an address near the border in either the US or Canada, my wife and/or I travel both ways at least once a week. So we can provide you with an address and then move them either way across the border for you. Or whatever works.

I see Zed has your back in Calgary. If that doesn't work out, my Quaker (damned religious fanatics) sis in law will just naturally insist on giving you food, shelter, and whatever else it takes for you to get going again. And have you laughing until your sides hurt. And tour you all over Calgary. Her husband Dan will just drag you to every garage sale within a ten mile radius, so be warned.

And if you're stuck closer to The Hat, my brother there says if your WR doesn't mind cozying up next to his panhead and the puddle of oil usually found underneath it, you'll find refuge there as well. And maybe get a tour of the Brit tank sheds out at CFB Suffield as well.

Sent you my email along with all contact info. If there's any way we can help out on either or both sides of the border, let me know. Once the weekend gets here, however, I have to hop a plane and go run an annual qualification range for three days.

If there's any bright spot in this, the weather here truly is Delta Sierra and not the sort of thing anybody but the hardiest would enjoy being out riding in. Not much to see when the clouds are all the way down to just above the ground.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Look what I found hiding between the smart and the sprinter when I got home today.

Theory goes that it belongs to a certain WR rider from Montreal that we all know.

I haven't met him yet as he arrived while I was at work. KLRChickie welcomed him and he got a lift to run some errands and hopefully sort out the passport, drivers license issue etc.

Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 KES_6476
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 am

Well things have a knack to working out around me lately. I'm not sure yet if it's credit karma or debit karma lol! I'll have a more detailed version of the last 2 days coming soon but the super short version is that I'm not heading back home yet and in fact I'm moving onwards with the trip soon :)

More details later, for now sleep!
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 pm

...And, he's off!

Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 IMG_2137

After a much needed down day yesterday (it was raining anyway) Medski is WRing along to points further West!

Here's to no further issues on the rest of the trip Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 Beerchug
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi KLRchickie:

Thanks for letting us know of his launch this morning and for taking him in during his time of need.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm

KLRchickie wrote:
...And, he's off!

Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 IMG_2137

Wearing running shoes?

After a much needed down day yesterday (it was raining anyway) Medski is WRing along to points further West![/quote]
Skies are clearing in Marysville right now, but the weather report says rain today, Friday nice, Sat not so good, then next week is looking sunny with clouds and warmer. I just might be hiding up the Elk Valley hunting and fishing if he does come through here. Should figure out how to get the travel trailer and the bike up there, I guess.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Jäger wrote:

Wearing running shoes?

dunno He's stopping at the zoo first - maybe he'll change shoes before heading out on the highway dunno

Jäger wrote:

Skies are clearing in Marysville right now, but the weather report says rain today, Friday nice, Sat not so good, then next week is looking sunny with clouds and warmer. I just might be hiding up the Elk Valley hunting and fishing if he does come through here. Should figure out how to get the travel trailer and the bike up there, I guess.[/left]

We spent some time looking at maps with him last night & recommended some of our favourite roads. Gray Creek Pass was on that list!
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah I'm at the zoo! I'll get into boots and riding pants and more gear on me after the zoo and stops by stores. Didn't wanna run in the zoo full gear style haha.
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:22 am

Hi!

I am alive and well. A lot of life happened in the past 4 years. The little wr that could had to be sold. I changed job 3 times in as many years. I miss this bike everyday....

I am the worst when it comes emailing and what nots... I hope all is going well with ZED, KLRChickie, xcel, Jäger and Shewolf. You guys rocked and are still in my thoughts. Good memories :)

Today, all that I own is a laptop, a phone, and 2 suitcases of clothes. I sold / gave everything else away. Tomorrow, I am taking a plane on a 1-way ticket to Singapore. I am going to be relocating there for a couple years or permanently ( we'll see..)

As I turn a page and look back, I remember much. I want to thank you guys because from you, and from that crazy trip, I have learned to push on and keep pushing on. I have learned that you only need to set out and do something to make it happen. And more importantly, to trust myself to turn "I'd like to do" into "I'm doing". For all that and more. Thank you!

Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 41250_434003642715_6613554_n

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy but....   Call me crazy but.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Call me crazy but....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2