Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is the WR to small for a big guy?

Go down 
+9
spidersoup
X-Racer
Mr. Fisherman
Berwyn Henderson
TheBIGD
wjfawb0
blewwrx
Mr.Metal
michael21
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Is the WR to small for a big guy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the WR to small for a big guy?   Is the WR to small for a big guy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 pm

To add some more positive feedback... I've now had my R for a good number of months. I'm now pushing about 230 lbs in gear, plus I have a full tool kit in the tail bag and bring other crap in the tank bag. The R never fails to feel light, nimble, and plenty powerful. The ONLY time I ever wish for more CC's is while doing 65-70 mph on the highway for 30+ miles. Every other terrain and situation, it gets me up and over EVERYTHING with ease.

Man, I love this bike wings
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Is the WR to small for a big guy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the WR to small for a big guy?   Is the WR to small for a big guy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:07 pm

On county roads in rural Florida you have to run 75 or your holding up traffic (bad) or pulling into the shoulder to let people pass (flat city), or having trucks blow by you at 80 (rrrrrrrrr).

It's no fun looking in the mirrors all day. I weigh 165 lb's, have the FMF triad mod, and travel light so 75-80 mph is routine, 80 mph not a problem, 90+ if I "need" it wings but not the smartest move. That's with an R2 stock gearing.

Consider how much armor and gear you will be hauling, how willing you are to upgrade bike with performance mods and if pulling over once in a while to let people pass is going to drive you insane.

IMHO, if you have to pull over to let people pass - buy more horses. I can't live with that. baldy baldy

Bottom line. If you plan to load the WR down like an adventure touring bike, at your weight I think you need more horses. If you travel light and keep stock gearing, drop a few bills to open her up on each end you should be fine.
Back to top Go down

Is the WR to small for a big guy?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2