Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR Converted into supermoto

Go down 
+15
dc4stroke
phatsteppin
3KGT_Maddness
marty
craigq
12oclocker
acmebot
stumo
Berwyn Henderson
john92
Mr. Fisherman
ZED
mattf
Ozy
ToaadWR
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
adamoto

adamoto

WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Converted into supermoto   WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Matty wrote:
just threw 17s on my "R," compliments of John92, with 12/45 gearing..... fun fun fun. Hooligan status in full effect!!!!

I really do hope Yamaha does come out with a big brother soon. The bike does have the power, but just can't keep up. Was riding with my buddy on his Aprilla SVX 4.5 and he pretty much spanked me all over the place. And ya i can ride. Anyways, until Yamaha decides to step up their game in the SUMO class i'll ride the shit out of this one.

Don't beat yourself up too bad. An SVX with a talented rider will spank most any other supermoto bike out there. As long as it doesn't puke it's guts out in the process.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: WRR Converted into supermoto   WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:23 pm

adamoto wrote:

Don't beat yourself up too bad. An SVX with a talented rider will spank most any other supermoto bike out there. As long as it doesn't puke it's guts out in the process.
i don't..... and besides when his SVX takes a dump it's going to cost a whole lot more to fix than ours would.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: WRR Converted into supermoto   WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Matty wrote:
adamoto wrote:

i don't..... and besides when his SVX takes a dump it's going to cost a whole lot more to fix than ours would.

Agreed. I'll take reliability and low maintenance intervals any day thumb
Back to top Go down
dastard

PostSubject: Re: WRR Converted into supermoto   WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 pm

So I am thinking of going from R to X. Anyone with an X thinking of going the other way and swapping wheels and front brake?
Back to top Go down
UDRider

PostSubject: Re: WRR Converted into supermoto   WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Hello.

I also want to do a conversion on my WR250R. My dream is to have a supermoto setup for street, then swap wheels and have off road setup. With minimum hassle. Basically what I do now on my Daytona when I go do track days. Swap wheels, brake pads, plastics, and it's in track trim in couple of hours (I work slow).

For street I want a bigger calipers, and minimum work in swapping back and forth. So looking at all the replies the way to go is:
Wheels:
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/sm-pro-supermoto-wheels-setwr250r/127
Brakes front, with relocation bracket:
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/ebc-320mm-rotor-wrelocation-bracket/556

So R hub laced to X wheels, with 320mm rotor with relocation bracket.
I have few additional questions:
My understanding standard R rear rotor will work with this setup, correct?
What about the gearing? With smaller wheels I am guessing that will have to change. Also I don't want to swap chain. What gearing do you guys recommend?

Any gotchas I am missing in my quest for easy conversion from supermoto to dirt and back?

Thank You.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR Converted into supermoto   WRR Converted into supermoto - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR Converted into supermoto
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2