Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Devol lowering link??

Go down 
+4
bobbyward
WRXer
SheWolf
Ozy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozy

Ozy

Devol lowering link?? Empty
PostSubject: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:48 am

I've lowered my bike using the shock adjustment and I'm still thinking I need more. In Australia the Yamalink isn't readily available but the Devol one is. I did a forum search with no result and I cant remember seeing a post or comment about the Devol lowering link for the WRR/X.

Is there a reason why no one here has used it?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:54 pm

First I've ever heard of it. Devol lowering link?? 29721

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:29 am

Looks like they have two types, the one here in Oz is the 1 inch, which of course there is no pic Devol lowering link?? Icon_rolleyes but I'm fairly sure it looks similar to the Yamalink.

http://www.devolracing.com/1in-Lowering-Link--Black_p_514.html

The 1.75 inch looks totally different though Devol lowering link?? 29721

http://www.devolracing.com/175in-Lowering-Link--Black_p_515.html

Any ideas??
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Devol makes good stuff
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:00 pm

Ozy wrote:
Looks like they have two types, the one here in Oz is the 1 inch, which of course there is no pic Devol lowering link?? Icon_rolleyes but I'm fairly sure it looks similar to the Yamalink.

http://www.devolracing.com/1in-Lowering-Link--Black_p_514.html

The 1.75 inch looks totally different though Devol lowering link?? 29721

http://www.devolracing.com/175in-Lowering-Link--Black_p_515.html

Any ideas??
we put a 1.75 on our wr 250 x , to me the bike felt like the rear was just too tall even with the shock backed off, the 1.75 really helped with that , makes the seat seem flatter when riding.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Use a lowering spacer inside the shock. They can be made to lower any amount. They also don't mess with the linkage ratio. They only cost $40.
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Has anyone here used a devol lowering link? Any problems when installing?
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:35 pm

i have one that looks like it but its not black, i installed mine in 20 mins and had to use the spacers out of the stock link.
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:38 pm

I took another look at this thing and figured out that I needed my jack on the rear wheel to raise it 1.75 inches. Can't believe I didn't see that before. baldy  Perfect, I can get my feet firmly on the ground. Feels good knowing my foot will hit something while on the back trails.wings 
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Looks like the 1 in. link is similar in design to the Yamalink & the 1.75 in. link looks like the one made by Moose Racing. May actually be the same parts with different names stamped on them?
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Tell you what, I'm really pleased with this item, my feet are firmly on the ground, finally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devol lowering link??   Devol lowering link?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Devol lowering link??
Page 1 of 1