Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need some guidance

Go down 
+3
f3joel
inspector
SteveO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveO

SteveO

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:13 pm

So, I recently picked up my WR250R and brought it home with 0 miles on the Odometer. Today I rode it to work and noted a few things:

1) This bike seems REALLY under-powered
2) I'm not so sure the speedo is accurate
3) The power is not snappy, but sorta rolls on, slowly

Is this the norm for the stock configuration of these bikes?

I used to have a WR250F and it was quite snappy, lots of fun with lots of power.
I currently ride a M109R2, which has "LOTS" of get up and go. I expected this thing to have more than what the throttle is currently giving me......

Is this the norm??????

Sorta disappointing for a stock configuration.....
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 pm

If you are going from a 250f to the R......then yes, that is the norm.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Stock sprockets on the wr250f are 13/52.
Stock sprockets on the wr250r are 13/43.

The wr250f needs the valves checked every 10 - 15 hours.
The wr250r needs the valves checked 26,000 miles.

The bike really wakes up with a programmer and pipe + airbox mods.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Stock, the WR-250R is a dog compared to a lot of other bikes.
It's geared very tall, is all choked-up with intake and exhaust EPA crap, and, makes most of it's power from middle RPM on up.

Go to the Sweet Mods section for some relief from your bike feeling so gutless - it can be made much better.

I own a 2009 WR-250F, too, which I ride every Sunday, and, yes, that bike is a fair bit snappier, not to mention lighter and better-suspended. :)
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:11 pm

The speedo is way off about 7%, if you change sprockets its gonna much worse. 12Oclocker here made a little device to fix it, and it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 pm

I also came off a WR250F. After an EFI programmer, a FMF Q4, and a big hole in the top of my air box, I no longer miss the WRF. I also removed all the useless stuff, e.g. Exup, AIS, etc.
Back to top Go down
SteveO

SteveO

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks for the replies.

I'm looking at getting the following to start off with:

12T JT Counter Sprocket
12oClocker Speedo Fix
EFI Fuel programmer

I'm hoping that this will be enough to get me going in some decent fashion......
I do like the quite muffler, Fuel Injection and 6th gear, but man-o-man, series lack of power....
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:55 am

I recently picked up a used WRR that already had the exhaust and programmer installed. It made good power in the low RPMS but was pretty weak up top. I found that the intake flapper was still installed and did the Ultimate Airbox Mod. It made a big difference across the board but especially in the higher RPMS.

With a new bike still under warranty I wouldn’t cut up the intake like I did but at least secure the flapper in the open position and take it for a test ride to see if it helps. Some people have removed only the flapper without cutting up the intake like I did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some guidance   Need some guidance Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some guidance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: