Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250F rims interchangeable????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozy

Ozy

WR250F rims interchangeable???? Empty
PostSubject: WR250F rims interchangeable????   WR250F rims interchangeable???? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Can someone tell me if rims from a 2003 WR250 F will fit my WRR please?

A friend of mine blew up his WRF and is selling it as parts but lives out of state and I want to make sure the rims fit before I have them freighted.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ozy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250F rims interchangeable????   WR250F rims interchangeable???? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm

From what's been previously discussed, They will probably not be a direct swap. You could encounter problems such as Brakes - calipers, rotors not lining up, Spacers not fitting, different axle size. Who knows. The all dirt WR is almost completely a different bike from the WR250R & X.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: WR250F rims interchangeable????   WR250F rims interchangeable???? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:10 pm

john92 wrote:
From what's been previously discussed, They will probably not be a direct swap. You could encounter problems such as Brakes - calipers, rotors not lining up, Spacers not fitting, different axle size. Who knows. The all dirt WR is almost completely a different bike from the WR250R & X.

Thanks John, I did do a search both here and elsewhere but there wasn't anything concrete I could find especially for a particular year model such as the 2003.

Oh well looks like i'll let them go as it seems too risky buying a set of rims that I cant use..... WR250F rims interchangeable???? 29721
Back to top Go down
btb91

btb91

PostSubject: F wheels do not fit the X or R   WR250F rims interchangeable???? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:16 pm

I recent bought some Warp 9 wheels from a dealer, I wanted to make my X an R for enduro riding. When I got the wheels they had gotten my F wheels, then do NOT fit the X. The rear axle is about a 1/2" wider on the x so the brakes and sprocket do not line up. What a pain! I don't think spacers would help because the sprocket or rotor would need to be moved away from the axle....oh year and the rotor was too big for the X caliper.

Anyone know if there is a quick fix?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250F rims interchangeable????   WR250F rims interchangeable???? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250F rims interchangeable????
Page 1 of 1