Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat Concepts seat?

Go down 
+29
Fiftygrit
mvonhatten
StG
grnd0
Pilsner
sswrx
Heoz
Just Bob
Coop
papi4baby
josh
Jeffro799
wallycycle
mototifosi
jaherbst
SheWolf
Rider_WV
mordicai
ssauer2004
f3joel
mnormand
Dave Bell
wheelman11
GsVs
Jäger
adamoto
greer
Captain Midnight
bobbyward
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Coop

Coop

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:38 pm

From Seat Concepts or Wheeling. You are going to pay the same price, you won't find it cheaper than $159.99 unless you find a used one. If you use the ADVRIDER.COM code mentioned earlier in this thread on Seat Concepts site you will save $15 so basically free shipping. You can't use the code at Wheeling Cycle Supply.
Back to top Go down
grnd0

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 am

Looked for the code and can't find it. Like to save a little if I can.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
grnd0

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks Coop, seat is ordered. thumb
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 am

Awesome, good luck with it! Make sure you use a pneumatic stable gun if you are installing it yourself. A hand stapler will not penetrate the seat pan.
Back to top Go down
grnd0

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 20120802gepics00001.th

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 Thumbnmail

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 20120802gepics00003.th

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 20120802gepics00004.th

Just got The seat installed and got a 45 mile mixed ride in today. Best mod you can do to bike,
period. Here's some pics, a little dirty, right after ride.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Looks good, I knew you would like it Very happy .
Back to top Go down
StG

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi all! I'm thinking of picking up one of the low seats for my (new to me) wrr. Can you reuse the old foam & seat cover? Or did most of you just trash it. thanks!
Back to top Go down
mvonhatten

mvonhatten

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Just wanted to post my install guide and review of the seat in this topic.

Install guide

I will update this post with a review when the weather permits.

So after a summer of riding I have to say I am happy with the seat.  Most of my riding is a short commute to work, where I have no issues.  On my longer Sunday adventure rides there really wasn't much of an improvement because of the increased incline in the seat.  My riding pants would start to ride up on the goods after too long making it uncomfortable.  If I were to do it again I would get the standard seat concepts foam and figure out a way to lower the suspension an inch.

My initial impression:

5'9" and 32" inseam.
I purchased the low version because I figured it might lower it enough so I can have two feet flat on the ground.  I sat on the bike to get a quick feel and it seems like I am dipping forward into the seat.  Like there is too much of an angle.  

I am excited to see how it feels on the road!
Back to top Go down
RadicalRaul

RadicalRaul

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Hate to say this but I'm one of those where the Seat Concepts didn't do the trick for me. During my adventure from Colorado to Southern California I started experiencing serious butt burn after 75 miles in the seat. Ended up buying a Coleman ATV seat cover for the rest of the trip. Helped a little. The best SC could do was offer me the carbon fibre cover for $45 plus. Time to start trying out sheepskin covers for the long hauls.

Remember these are not custom seats built for the individual. It is a hit and miss proposition. Unfortunately my seat was a miss.

https://www.facebook.com/RamblinCoyote/posts/10201033154747752?pnref=story

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:52 pm

I like mt sc cover, all carbon, I should have maybe gone to the differant sides as it is a little slippery on the knee`s doing single track, but on logging roads it`s great on the butt, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
RadicalRaul

RadicalRaul

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:32 am

Fiftygrit wrote:
I like mt sc cover, all carbon, I should have maybe gone to the differant sides as it is a little slippery on the knee`s doing single track, but on logging roads it`s great on the butt, cheer`s

Wish I could say the same.
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:06 am

RadicalRaul wrote:
Hate to say this but I'm one of those where the Seat Concepts didn't do the trick for me. During my adventure from Colorado to Southern California I started experiencing serious butt burn after 75 miles in the seat. Ended up buying a Coleman ATV seat cover for the rest of the trip. Helped a little.
To add to a Seat Concepts (or any other seat), the Sit&Fly seatcover for $22 works much better. It aerates, it's cushier, and it mounts tight (you can add zip ties to the velcro under the seat) and stays put. You can even hit the bike with a hose and sit a moment later and not get soggy butt. I got mine at ProCycle and even have one on an XT225 that I used to cover up added foam to make the XT seat wider and taller.

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 17644195401_951a792f6a_o
Back to top Go down
RadicalRaul

RadicalRaul

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:56 am

Sit and Fly seems to be having some issue. Can only find them on eBay, and they don't have much to offer.
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:04 am

still right there on procycle like I just mentioned -- can't post the link because I'm a newbie here ;  }
Back to top Go down
RadicalRaul

RadicalRaul

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:10 am

Found it. I bought that same usb power port they are charging $32 for on eBay for $5.

I will look into it. Thanks!!!

https://www.procycle.us/bikepages/wr250rx.html
Back to top Go down
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 IMG_20151005_135529_zpspkko1nxm

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 IMG_20151005_141514_zpsx8ehaiuu

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 IMG_20151005_135600_zpsnhfpvwne

Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 IMG_20151005_135551_zps7ixsgslj
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: SeatConcepts plus Sit-N-Fly   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:18 pm

I have a SeatConcepts and it was an improvement over stock.  Added a Sit-N-Fly which was a vast improvement.  Recently did another 4200 mile trip (COBDR & UTBDR) with back to back 500 mile days the last two days to get back to St. Louis.  Short of a custom seat that's probably as good as it's going to get for me.
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 pm

truly a great combination, the two. the sit-and-fly really helps with the swamp ass and for when things would otherwise get wet, and it adds a little width and squish to the already pretty nice seat concepts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Concepts seat?   Seat Concepts seat? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Concepts seat?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3