Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

OLD Guy Seat Experience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBird

OLD Guy Seat Experience Empty
PostSubject: OLD Guy Seat Experience   OLD Guy Seat Experience EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:52 am

Just some hard earned lessons from an OLD guy that has 100's of thousands of miles on many different stock and modified seats.

It is not how wide or how soft a seat is that makes the difference - rather it is how well it equalizes the load across ALL of your contact area including thighs and butt cheeks.

The Russel Day Long is the classic example of this principle where he rduces the height (or foam density) in the middle and then adds a metal structure to the seat to raise and support the "wings" on the sides of his seats so that much of the weight (that would otherwise be on the bottom of you butt) is instead supported by the outsides of your butt cheeks and your thighs. The Rick Mayer seat for the WRR (which I have) is the same principle - just on a smaller scale and with extra hard foam for the wings (rather than the metal structure).

This does not mean that you won't benefit from some of the aftermarket seats that are a little wider with "better foam". It just means that they will probably only get you part way to seat nirvana.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: OLD Guy Seat Experience   OLD Guy Seat Experience EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:59 pm

GOT PICS? Shog needpics

I'm kind of a Corbin guy myself
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

PostSubject: Re: OLD Guy Seat Experience   OLD Guy Seat Experience EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

BigBird wrote:
Just some hard earned lessons from an OLD guy that has 100's of thousands of miles on many different stock and modified seats.

It is not how wide or how soft a seat is that makes the difference - rather it is how well it equalizes the load across ALL of your contact area including thighs and butt cheeks.

The Russel Day Long is the classic example of this principle where he rduces the height (or foam density) in the middle and then adds a metal structure to the seat to raise and support the "wings" on the sides of his seats so that much of the weight (that would otherwise be on the bottom of you butt) is instead supported by the outsides of your butt cheeks and your thighs. The Rick Mayer seat for the WRR (which I have) is the same principle - just on a smaller scale and with extra hard foam for the wings (rather than the metal structure).

This does not mean that you won't benefit from some of the aftermarket seats that are a little wider with "better foam". It just means that they will probably only get you part way to seat nirvana.
seat concepts seat does the wider and softer part for sure, we have put them on my drz and my wife's x with good results for both, and around 160.00 if fits the pocket book a lot better for me too , you know just saying !
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: OLD Guy Seat Experience   OLD Guy Seat Experience EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Seat is okay for short trips for me but over say 200 miles it gets old. I just bought a Roho Airhawk the small cruiser model, but have not tried a long trip yet. I am only going to put it on for the longer rides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OLD Guy Seat Experience   OLD Guy Seat Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

OLD Guy Seat Experience
Page 1 of 1