Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

better cooling options??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinfull

better cooling options?? Empty
PostSubject: better cooling options??   better cooling options?? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 am

Hey all,

I just brought myself a second hand 08 WR250R bike with 1000km on the clock.
I have noticed they only have a single radiator on the right hand side but the WR250F have two , 1 either side.

Where i live in Australia during the summer it can reach temps of 40-50 degrees C(104-122 degrees F)

I will be mainly riding off road on enduro trails and am worried that the bike will over heat through the slow speed areas.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set these bikes up the same as the WR250F's with dual radiators or even install a larger single radiator. Basicaly i am after some different mods out there for the cooling system.

thanks for your help everyone
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

PostSubject: Re: better cooling options??   better cooling options?? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:41 pm

i dont think you will have any major heating issues. I would ride the bike first and see if any problems arise before you start modding.

that being said, i changed out my coolant for engine ice and i have noticed that riding in sandpits (2nd and 3rd pinned in deep sand for prolonged periods of time) during hot days that my fan doesnt kick on nearly as much as it used to.
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: better cooling options??   better cooling options?? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:17 pm

if you do have problems there is always the option of getting a PWR radiator made. just make sure they know what its for so they add it to the list and keep the tooling for when i want one :)
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: better cooling options??   better cooling options?? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Both posts are right on^

*also there is another company that does radiators. Mylar(?) can't remember now.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: better cooling options??   better cooling options?? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:18 pm

I have a small rad about half the size of the stocker
After you take the air injection module out there is room in there
I never did mount it on my bike but if you are looking for this it is a rad from an Apex snowmobile
Needs the mounts moved around, bit of welding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: better cooling options??   better cooling options?? Empty

Back to top Go down

better cooling options??
Page 1 of 1