Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Well....I finally drowned her! :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Max Pwr

Max Pwr

Well....I finally drowned her! :) Empty
PostSubject: Well....I finally drowned her! :)   Well....I finally drowned her! :) EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:05 am

Hi guys, well it's been a while since my last post/issue with my bike, and I've just had an experience I thought it best to share with you all. Since I had the last drama with my beloved WRR, I've had plenty of trouble-free riding, until last weekend. Me and a mate were out testing his new bike (an '08 WR450F - got nothing on a WRR, lol) when all of a sudden I found myself with my handlebars through the face opening of my helmet pinning me under about five foot of water. After getting out from under the bike, getting it off the bottom of the lake and towing it back about 30km of rough trails behind my mate to the ute, reality kicked in. I had drowned my baby. I'd de-drowned plenty of carby'd bikes in the past, but the WRR? I got some advice from one of the mechanics at work and did all the usual stuff (oil, filters, plug, etc.), and SHE FIRED RIGHT UP!!!! Gotta love that such a technology reliant bike would be just the same as the others to de-drown. Awesome. I've since put 4 batches of new oil through the bike in about 10km of putting around up the street, and the fourth batch came out nice and clean. So there you go, don't be frightened if it ever happens to you, these babies are as tough as nails. Just as well, spring has just hit and the weather is perfect for riding Down Under right now. I'll be sure to post some pics soon! Until next time.... :)
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Well....I finally drowned her! :)   Well....I finally drowned her! :) EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 am

Getting pinned under the bike under water. Nasty!

Glad it worked out well.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Well....I finally drowned her! :)   Well....I finally drowned her! :) EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi Max Pwr:

Besides the wrestle with death (I am very glad to hear you made it out of that one alive!!!), it was great to here the WR came back from the dead with a simple push the button and she fired up with a rumble.

What did the first three oil changes look like anyway? White, green, gold and black frothy foam and oil mix or something else?

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well....I finally drowned her! :)   Well....I finally drowned her! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Well....I finally drowned her! :)
Page 1 of 1