Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Safety Q

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Safety Q   Safety Q EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Anyone see a safety problem placing a Roto-Pax gas container on one of these aluminum tail racks with the FMF Q4 throwing off that heat? Will it heat the rack then the can? I've got the Q4 and want to go with this set-up. (hat tip to GsVs)

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/another-wr250r-rear-rack-designed-with-options-t2222.htm

Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Q   Safety Q EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:06 am

I don't know how anyone could answer your question without running some tests to see how hot things get. BTW, I'd worry a lot more about something puncturing the plastic and gas drilpping on the exhaust pipe. THen you'll have a problem... at least cover the plastic with some tough cloth or something.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Q   Safety Q EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 pm

IIRC, Medski has a fuel cell mounted to his tail rack, and I haven't heard him complaining about heat. dunno

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Q   Safety Q EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 pm

SheWolf wrote:
IIRC, Medski has a fuel cell mounted to his tail rack, and I haven't heard him complaining about heat. dunno

I don't think his bike has been warm & dry in a while - he might be ready for some heat! poser2 Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Q   Safety Q EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Speaking of that crazy buggar...where was he headed after he left your digs? I know I know...derail... Very happy

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Q   Safety Q EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 pm

West Very happy

I checked his blog & he's spent some time in Canmore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safety Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Q   Safety Q Empty

Back to top Go down

Safety Q
Page 1 of 1