Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First GoPro test vid

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

First GoPro test vid Empty
PostSubject: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:20 am

Cool, you got one! What do you think about it so far?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:49 am

Awesome clarity!! thumb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 pm

I am loving it so far!!! thumb

This morning I mounted it on the bike and tested the 5-sec pic function....

Not too bad if there's enough light wink

And Mark, I remember seeing you mounting it on the top of master pump right?

I copied that idea Very happy , but I had to modify the base plate a little bit to clear those 2 screws (to make fluid change easier)....

However, somehow the plate seemed to deform a little bit, and now the quick release would have a little free play after clipped in, creating a nice ripple effect wink

First GoPro test vid Pict0113
Overall, I am happy with it thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:06 am

Who needs photoshop when you can manipulate it yourself! Nice little heat wave. You're just too hot for your bike, admit it. wink

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:35 am

Well... if you insist.....

ok I am too hot for my bike wink wink wink

poser2

anyway, I realise that 2 of the quick release mounts provided are not tight enough... going to make them grow fatter a little tomorrow Very happy

I took a few clips at night too... though they are not as clear as during the day, they are still pretty good thumb

Uploading done....

1. Start of the night

2. A little bit of high speed action wink

3.Welcome to Singapore...City tour...Little India
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:57 pm

mtb wrote:
I am loving it so far!!! thumb

This morning I mounted it on the bike and tested the 5-sec pic function....

Not too bad if there's enough light wink

And Mark, I remember seeing you mounting it on the top of master pump right?

I copied that idea Very happy , but I had to modify the base plate a little bit to clear those 2 screws (to make fluid change easier)....

However, somehow the plate seemed to deform a little bit, and now the quick release would have a little free play after clipped in, creating a nice ripple effect wink

First GoPro test vid Pict0113
Overall, I am happy with it thumb

Looks like you're having fun with the new toy. I didn't mount mine on top of the master cylinder, I mounted it on the front side of the master cylinder. The stick on piece fit there perfect, but my problem was the cheap plastic mounts kept breaking and cracking apart. It did give good video there and no wavy lines like your shots. None of the mounts I have left are any good except the suction cup mount and one of the quick disconnects I use on top of the helmet. I'm still worried about the helmet mount falling off at high speeds. I don't trust that plastic piece! I think the video from the handlebars is just as good, but you don't get to see as much around you since you are not turning your head like the helmet mount. I have ordered a Tech Mount for the handlebars and I'm going to make my own mount for it to mount the camera and my GPS on the same mount. I'll post some pics when I get it together. Love your videos. Always fun to see other people's riding areas.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Wow... you are a strong man Mark! thumb

I wanted to put it in the front too... but thought the brake fluid would corrode the 3M and mount it on the top instead

once you are done with the mount, please post....

i love to copy, esp from you wink wink wink
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:04 am

mtb wrote:
I wanted to put it in the front too... but thought the brake fluid would corrode the 3M and mount it on the top instead

Well if your brake fluid is leaking out I'm sure you would have that problem, but it's not suposed to leak out! Here is what I had. Also notice the tether I have hooked to the camera for safety, in case it falls off. Good idea to add a tether no matter where you mount it...

First GoPro test vid GoProHeroWide
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:10 am

There's several GoPro's to chose from. Which one did you guys get? And who has the best price?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:33 am

INSTIGATOR wrote:
There's several GoPro's to chose from. Which one did you guys get? And who has the best price?

I went for the MOTORSPORTS package... the suction stand is pretty strong and neat

As for price wise.... I happen to find a local dealer here in Singapore... so can't provide you with much information...sorry Shog

Mark, I know it wasn't supposed to leak, but I am just preparing for future fluid change Very happy

Here's how I secure mine... an elastic lanyard thumb (it's yamaha blue too!!! wink )
First GoPro test vid Photo0152u

secured to the only metal part on the casing
First GoPro test vid Photo0151b
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:09 pm

INSTIGATOR wrote:

I got the Motorsports Hero package with all the mounts and suctions cup mount. The plastic mounts are crap, but the suction cup mount is a solid piece and will last. I got mine through Yamaha, and got my employee discount so it was only like $130.

Here are the ones Yamaha offers. Use one of these part numbers and order it from where you work instead of Riva. It's cheaper if you get Yamaha stuff at your cost.

http://www.rivasouth.net/pages/catalogs/products/28/256/458/1/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/miscellaneous.aspx
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:12 am

mwakey wrote:
...I got mine through Yamaha, and got my employee discount so it was only like $130...

holly crap... that's cheap! baldy

Do you get discounts ordering parts? wink
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 2:36 pm

mtb wrote:
Do you get discounts ordering parts? wink

Oh ya! Parts too. Very happy

I pay 10% over dealer cost. One of the main reasons I went with a Yamaha when I was shopping for a bike. Even though we are a marine dealer, we can order parts for anything Yamaha makes (or sells).
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:09 pm

mwakey wrote:

I pay 10% over dealer cost. One of the main reasons I went with a Yamaha when I was shopping for a bike. Even though we are a marine dealer, we can order parts for anything Yamaha makes (or sells).

Mark, do you take PayPal? wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:04 pm

mtb wrote:
mwakey wrote:

Mark, do you take PayPal? wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Sorry. I think you would have to be hired on as my personal assistant so the boss lets you get the employee discount. Very happy

Last edited by mwakey on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:30 pm

mwakey wrote:

Sorry. I think you would have to be hired on as my personal assitant so the boss lets you get the employee discount. Very happy

So are you hiring? wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Piss off...I'm in line to be his sexcretary. Very happy wink

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Don't worry... I will be stationed outside the door lurk
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:47 pm

I could sit on your shoulders and you could wear the skirt...just look like a really tall woman. poser2

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 am

*looking around*

Sh!t... I've no skirts dunno

Edit:

Damn... I just broke 1 quick release GAHHHH GAHHHH GAHHHH

After playing the camera for a few days, I think the side of the helmet is a nice place to mount... I like the vid result

I think from today onwards, I will be riding with a suction plate mounted to my helmet
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 am

You two crack me up. poser2
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 am

mtb wrote:
I think from today onwards, I will be riding with a suction plate mounted to my helmet

Wow! You're a brave one mtb. I thought I looked like a Telly Tubbie with my little helmet mount. I can't imagine what that huge suction mount would look like on the helmet. Good thing you have the loud exhaust so you won't hear people laughing at you when you ride by. poser2

First GoPro test vid TellyTubbieMount
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:17 am

Where's the finger when you need it... budah

I have the telly tubbie setup on my the other helmet.... wink

Well... this is the "futuristic" look of my daily lid wink
First GoPro test vid Photo0159
First GoPro test vid Photo0160

The idea is inspired by First GoPro test vid Universal-soldier wink wink wink

Anyway... I find the drivers here notice me better when I have the cyborg look with the red dot blinking... which translates to safer journey.... thumb
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 am

You are brave! Better be careful with those cheap plastic mount pieces between the suction cup and the camera. Those are the ones that broke on me after only a few rides. At least you have it tethered to the camera. Where are you attaching the tether, around your neck?

Oh ya.... and make that bed. Didn't your mama teach you anything! Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid Empty

Back to top Go down

First GoPro test vid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next