Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag

Go down 
+5
cmtnwr
skierd
Dancamp
SheWolf
njbill
9 posters
AuthorMessage
njbill

njbill

IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag Empty
PostSubject: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Has anyone used a Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag with the new IMS tank? If yes, how did it fit with the vent tube sticking out of the cap?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 pm

I did, and with my mod it fits excellent.

IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag Cbb1c947

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 pm

I don't have a picture but I use both.

The end of the tube is in the hole in the middle of the handle bar, the tube itself is pretty much bent under the bag but there is no problem.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I did, and with my mod it fits excellent.

What mod? Please don't make me beg. Very happy
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 pm

She's using a 90* hose on the vent cap instead of the stock piece. I'm using the stock piece on my tank under my Enduro bag and everything is working together just fine.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Sorry I was out for my anniversary and just got back.

IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag 93e61ff6 IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag 61865

njbill

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Nice set-up. Thanks! thumb

SheWolf wrote:
Sorry I was out for my anniversary and just got back.

IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag 93e61ff6 IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag 61865
Back to top Go down
cmtnwr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm

I give, what and where did You find the fittings that are in the pic. I checked @ 4 places no luck,
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm

I went to an auto parts shop and it is a heater hose elbow. IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag 29721

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:11 pm

She Wolf - What is the "magic" thing on the end of your hose that lets air in and out but won't let gas out?

And - HOW does it do that! scratch
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:57 pm

BigBird wrote:
She Wolf - What is the "magic" thing on the end of your hose that lets air in and out but won't let gas out?

And - HOW does it do that! scratch

check valve
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=61&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=3035
not sure if it's designed to run sideway though.
shewolf can comment.
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 am

Some of the reviews weren't too positive. (look at most helpful)

Someone would have to EXPLAIN to me how a valve can pass air in BOTH directions but not pass fuel???

Lacking such explanation I'd suspect it is just bling scratch
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Valve   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:04 am

Last one I had worked like the ball in a snorkle--but backwards. If fumes vented up no problem just go out, gas used air could vent in. If liquid fuel sloshed up the valve would seal temporarily and stop it from coming out. Best as I can remember it was made to work verticle not horizontal like it is mounted here.

BigBird wrote:

Someone would have to EXPLAIN to me how a valve can pass air in BOTH directions but not pass fuel???

Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:23 am

BigBird wrote:

I can set my 1/2 full tank in the Sun and after a few minutes I can hear and smell the fumes escaping through the vent. I can pick up the tank and roll it upside down and the hissing stops and it it doesn't leak.
I don't know how the internet works and I don'r care as long as it works. Understand?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:04 am

It works horizontal just fine, and yes it works like a check ball (at least this one does). Gasses move freely thru it, liquid does not. My son has a snorkel with the same style of setup where he can breathe thru it but water won't be let in if he dunk under. All I know is the thing works. IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:58 am

wings Well I found it on the net. Now is it available locally

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-19914-47060.aspx

Cooling, Heater Hose Connectors
Item Number Description
Universal
Type : Elbow
Size : 3/8" x 3/8"
Material : Plastic
Brand : Dorman - HELP! - Carded

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag   IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3.1 + Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag
Page 1 of 1