Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Broke the License Plate Light Housing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chkMINUS

Broke the License Plate Light Housing Empty
PostSubject: Broke the License Plate Light Housing   Broke the License Plate Light Housing EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 am

I was riding off road yesterday and took too sharp a turn and the bike came out from under me. Not a bad spill at all, I wasn't going too fast. Anyway, the plastic housing that holds the license plate light broke. I've taken it off. Where do you go to get new parts for these bikes? Sorry if this is a noobish question. I'm new to bikes in general.

Also, the two rear lights on the sides only illuminate when I have the turn signal on. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Broke the License Plate Light Housing   Broke the License Plate Light Housing EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:19 am

They are working properly. Any dealer can get you replacement parts. But I'd look into aftermarket. Like DRC or 12 oclock labs. And I'm sure there are others. Knocked the fronts off yet? Zeta make a good alternitive for them.

Broke the License Plate Light Housing Photo011
Broke the License Plate Light Housing Photo010
Back to top Go down
chkMINUS

PostSubject: Re: Broke the License Plate Light Housing   Broke the License Plate Light Housing EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks for the quick reply dc4stroke. Yea, I might as well get aftermarket ones if I have to buy a new one I guess. I'll check out those 2 brands.

So, the tail lights only light up when you have the turn signal on? Yet the front ones stay on? That's good to know :)
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Broke the License Plate Light Housing   Broke the License Plate Light Housing EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 pm

The housing for my license plate light broke off, but the little bulb housing survived. I hacked off the existing fender with a dremel and then rounded off the rough edges. I pulled the wiring back under the tail and zip tied it in place. There is a little gap where the housing was, and the bulb sits right in there. I'll try to get pix.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Broke the License Plate Light Housing   Broke the License Plate Light Housing EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:38 am

chkMINUS wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply dc4stroke. Yea, I might as well get aftermarket ones if I have to buy a new one I guess. I'll check out those 2 brands.

So, the tail lights only light up when you have the turn signal on? Yet the front ones stay on? That's good to know :)

Yeah, the only way to do the rears if you want them to be on also is to go with a dual filiment type sygnal housing with red lenses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke the License Plate Light Housing   Broke the License Plate Light Housing Empty

Back to top Go down

Broke the License Plate Light Housing
Page 1 of 1