Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Urban Dualsporting

Go down 
+3
john92
little squirt
dc4stroke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:59 am

Got any pictures of urban ride spots/shortcuts you take when you can't find time to get out to the woods? These have to be inside the city limits to qualify as "urban".
One from Little Rock AR. In the heart of the city. I use to avoid the deadiest insection in this town. I don't live in Little Rock anymore. But still visit often (family and friends).

Urban Dualsporting Photo012
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:06 pm

doesnt look much like with in city limits to me.................. Very happy
Back to top Go down
john92

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:39 pm

That's the heart of the city?? Where do you live? Hazzard County? It does look like a nice shortcut though......
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:14 am

That picture was taken within the city limits. A half of a mile away is the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Most urban areas have undeveloped areas that can be used to ride in. These may not be large by any means. But they are there. I think we all pass these spots on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:31 am

john92 wrote:
Where do you live? Hazzard County?

The Dukes of Hazzard (70s TV Show) was actually shot in the city of Calabasas next to Malibu in California. About a few blocks from the legendary Mullholland Highway. Oh and Mash was shot there as well.

^^^ just some trivia for ya.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi dc4stroke:

The following thread has a few pics of the 2010 WR250X in both downtown Milwaukee and Chicago if that helps?

The 2010 X Arrives :)

Wayne
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:17 am

The point here is that most urban areas have tracts of undeveloped land that can be utilized to cop a short ride offroad. I use a powerline (1.5 miles) that crosses between two major roads in town to save me from dealing with an intersection I hate. There is a high accident rate at this sygnal from people trying to beat the light. I'm a defensive rider and all but I still avoid that intersection.

If you utilize something like say.......Google Earth. You can locate these pockets of unused land and attempt to locate entrance and exit points.

Thursday while shortcutting over to the dealership I stumbled upon a stolen Chevy pickup. Alerted the local athorities and assisted a guy getting his truck back. It wasn't there the day before. The local mayor called me later and thanked me. Stated that though the city doesn't officially promote riding in the area, the city was gratefull for my actions.

This sort of thing will go a long way in the eyes of local athorities to promote our sport.
And we can use it.

Spent Friday looking for access to an area to no avail. But I put 100 miles on the Yammie and had a good day trying any way.
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Matty
Quote :
The Dukes of Hazzard (70s TV Show) was actually shot in the city of Calabasas next to Malibu in California. About a few blocks from the legendary Mullholland Highway. Oh and Mash was shot there as well.

I just caught this. Funny you posted this as I road Mulholland the previos weekend. I was really early and it was little foggy so I couldn't get any pics. The ocean side of the Santa Monica mts was all overcast all day. Nice ride though!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Living in urban Los Angeles ? Uh huh... Right...   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:15 pm

dc4stroke wrote:
I think we all pass these spots on a regular basis.

* peers over glasses * Think again. My only urban off-road would be to go OVER CARS.

There's not even a dirt LOT on the way to work ! (not even in Lawndale right Scharcon ?)

I s'pose I could rip it up and down the beach right after sunset. * laugh *
Back to top Go down
Scharcon

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:33 pm

X-racer
Quote :
There's not even a dirt LOT on the way to work ! (not even in Lawndale right Scharcon ?)

The nearest ridable dirt road has to be least an 1-1/2 hour away.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:30 pm

That's just sad guys. Around here we have all sorts of tracts we can ride if we look. It ain't as much as when I was a kid of course. Some of those areas exsist but have become inaccsesslble. I travel for a living and carry the WR in the back of my truck alot. So I ride all over the state. I even get stopped at gas stations, walmarts,resturants and told about places to ride. I used to carry the Harley on a trailer. But that's a hassle in and of it's self. Now I'll have to admit that I don't have as many ladies strike up comversations when on the WR. But the rides are better. And being a mostly rural state there are all kinds of areas outside of the towns to ride. Everything from missisipi delta to the ozark mountains.

Urban Dualsporting Photo013

Riding area in Ft Smith AR. down by the river, behind a golf course. (off Midland Ave)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:03 am

dc4stroke wrote:
Now I'll have to admit that I don't have as many ladies strike up comversations when on the WR. But the rides are better.

I'd rather ride than talk anyways.... wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urban Dualsporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Dualsporting   Urban Dualsporting Empty

Back to top Go down

Urban Dualsporting
Page 1 of 1