Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Am I the only one...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chkMINUS

Am I the only one... Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:00 pm

who thinks all the after-market racks look terrible compared to the Yamaha one?

These after-market companies need to copy it a little more. I can't justify $250 for a rack but these other racks might not leave me any choice.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:11 pm

its a matter of opinion of course .. and depends on whether your going for looks or functionality .. I think the Yamaha racks looks nice, I have one, and functionality wise it works for me. But it might not work for everyone and functionality (how you use it and if it meets your needs) is important to consider.

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm

I don't think the OEM looks good at all. And it has a less functional top surface area.

The OEM's advantage (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that it attaches to a sturdier part of the frame.
Back to top Go down
chkMINUS

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey gatorfan, I *just* saw your other thread that mentioned the Automotive Machine and Supply rack. That one looks somewhat decent and has my interest.

To Me

The Good:

Am I the only one... Stu-wr250-x7-ou-500

The Acceptable:

Am I the only one... Oilfieldtrashrack

Am I the only one... Yamaharack2

The Bad

All the others I've seen.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:52 pm

ChkMinus: The bad you show IS the Automotive Machines. Only problem I have with it is they don't send mounting hardware. PIA.

There are precious few attachment points to the OEM for those who switch configurations alot.

Last edited by gatorfan on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:13 pm

gatorfan wrote:

The OEM's advantage (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that it attaches to a sturdier part of the frame.

I have the OEM rack and this is correct.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Rack   Am I the only one... EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:54 pm

I have the OEM rack and agree that it has a better support structure--but only to a point. the OEM rack has two side pieces that add side and verticle support. However, it also depends on the rear loop just like the aftermarket racks.

njbill wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I have the OEM rack and this is correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...   Am I the only one... Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: