Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

sprockets and chain

Go down 
+3
abchel
Farmer17
inspector
7 posters
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

sprockets and chain Empty
PostSubject: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:53 am

What are my choices? I tried to contact smartchain and a couple of people that I thought used them to no avail. Nobody has gotten back to me.
I am sticking to stock gearing.
Do they sell chains complete? I'm going to take my linkage off anyway so was wondering if i still need to rivet the chain together.
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Check here. I have not done much searching in the thread but i am sure it has what you need.... https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/chains-and-sprockets-t5.htm
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Try one of these links

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/314910/supersprox-stealth-tri-metal-520-off-road-rear-sprocket---yamaha.html
Call this one the Supersprox STEALTH Tri-Metal is a great sprocket Sales and Technical Info Toll Free 888-265-2141 or 949-254-2430

http://www.supersproxusa.com/products.php?cat=1899
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Farmer 17...It's just so hard to look through that thread when there is sooooo much useless info (for me). I'll probably break down and and read past the 5page soon. lol

abchel...sweet, was looking at those but wasn't sure what chain to go with it. I'll definitely check that out more.
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 pm

i know what ya mean, i waded through a bit of it but there is a lot of info GAHHHH Figured i could maybe point you in the right direction at least
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:04 am

Call that number and they will set you up with everything you need. I picked up a DID O-ring chain. I can't remember which one, but they will get you going at a good price.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 am

rocky mountain atv

Steel sprockets & X-ring chain.

Stock front - larger rear. It's amazing how much quieter the drivetrain is when you lose the stock shit Yamaha puts on there.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:13 pm

motokid wrote:
rocky mountain atv

Steel sprockets & X-ring chain.

Stock front - larger rear. It's amazing how much quieter the drivetrain is when you lose the stock shit Yamaha puts on there.

I'm in the process of replacing the complete drivetrain right now. I just need to find a chain link rivit tool to install the rivit type master link on the DID X-Chain. I'm doing 13 on the front and 47 on the rear. X-chain is 112 links, and was all purchased from rocky mountain atv. Can't wait to feel the difference.
Very happy
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Awh whoops!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Last two chains I bought were RK x-ring chains on ebay for 1/2 off retail, steel sprockets from ThumperTalk's store. Ended up buying the Motion Pro rivet tool locally instead of paying nearly as much to have my local dealer do it.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:33 pm

abchel wrote:
Try one of these links

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/314910/supersprox-stealth-tri-metal-520-off-road-rear-sprocket---yamaha.html
Sales and Technical Info Toll Free 888-265-2141 or 949-254-2430

Thanks for the info. Just ordered one. The guy was very helpful...a little to helpful. I feel let down now, was expecting to pay twice as much. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sprockets and chain   sprockets and chain Empty

Back to top Go down

sprockets and chain
Page 1 of 1