Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Greg@RME

Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? Empty
PostSubject: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey folks, I'm installing my FMF Programmer as we speak and I'd like to get every last bit of power out of it, especially bottom end torque. I'm looking for suggestions on the settings. Here's some related info-

The bike is an '08 R, stock pipe, air box has a 2" hole in the top. The engine is pretty much stock for now and will stay that way for a little longer. I do have a 12 tooth CS and that's it for engine/gearing mods.

The bike gets ridden from 4,500 ft elevation up past 10k feet, lots of dual sport desert kind of stuff. Think Moab... Very happy

I haven't been able to test ride the bike because I'm waiting on the Safari tank to show up and want to install it while I have the bike apart. I'm open to suggestions on how to tweak this Programmer beyond the factory settings, anyone have any input?
Back to top Go down
Greg@RME

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:38 pm

After more reading, I've set the Programmer at 3 5 1 8 1 1.

I bolted the tank and seat in place, then took the bike for a spin. It seems to be decent, I'm sure further air box and exhaust mods will really wake up the bike. For now, it's a noticeable improvement.

If anyone still has better suggestions, I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:21 pm

I have an 08 also but as far as the engine goes, it's all stock as it was purchased new in Sept 09 and is still under the factory 2 yr warranty so I don't want to start ripping parts off it just yet.

I did however install the FMF programmer and contacted Dobeck who makes them and asked for advice with the settings for a stock bike and gave me the settings below and it goes great.

G 2.5
Y 2.5
R .5
GB 8
YB 4
RB 4.5

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Greg@RME

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Thank you! I'll try out those settings tomorrow after work. I did notice the bike smelled very slightly rich while riding around with the settings I have posted above, so I knew I needed to change something.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

dobeck ships them programmed,and fyi they back them 101%
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:07 pm

There are multiple stickies here on this topic.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Greg@RME

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:25 pm

motokid wrote:

Actually, since you're pointing it out, there's only one sticky. And it's a thread about what settings people are running with what mods. I read thru that thread a few times, I didn't see a setup similar to my own with my elevation, so rather than clog up that thread asking questions, I started my own, asked and got the answers I needed.

But thanks for the help anyhow... thumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:43 am

Greg@RME wrote:
motokid wrote:

Actually, since you're pointing it out, there's only one sticky. And it's a thread about what settings people are running with what mods. I read thru that thread a few times, I didn't see a setup similar to my own with my elevation, so rather than clog up that thread asking questions, I started my own, asked and got the answers I needed.

But thanks for the help anyhow... thumb

Yeah, I agree. I haven't seen anyone running your setup and quoting settings for that. So good thread, IMO.

I have settings I could give, but they are the usual ones for with all the mods. Well, except with turbo or bigbore.

L
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:54 pm

The 3 5 1 8 1 1 setting will be too rich with the stock pipe. The settings supplied by Dobeck are probably much more amicable to a stock piped bike.

As a side note, I noted that my bike is running a little stronger with its new Unifilter with the high flow filter cage vs. a twin air on the stock filter cage (in conjunction with a FMF q4, programmer, and opened up airbox, keeping in mind the twin air was dirty and the unifilter is brandy spankin new).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 am

skierd wrote:
The 3 5 1 8 1 1 setting will be too rich with the stock pipe. The settings supplied by Dobeck are probably much more amicable to a stock piped bike.

As a side note, I noted that my bike is running a little stronger with its new Unifilter with the high flow filter cage vs. a twin air on the stock filter cage (in conjunction with a FMF q4, programmer, and opened up airbox, keeping in mind the twin air was dirty and the unifilter is brandy spankin new).

skierd,

Do ya' have a link to a good price on the Uni filter?

Thanks,

-feet
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am

Don't know if its a good price, but I bought mine from Motorcycle Superstore along with a set of new tires in order to get free shipping. amazon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:11 am

skierd wrote:
Don't know if its a good price, but I bought mine from Motorcycle Superstore along with a set of new tires in order to get free shipping. amazon

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 am

dtx wrote:
dobeck ships them programmed,and fyi they back them 101%

They ship them programmed to suit a bike running an FMF exhaust system so if you don't have an FMF pipe or have different mods then settings will need to change to those supplied with the unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?   Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reccomendations for FMF Power Programmer settings?
Page 1 of 1