Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Winter sleep: what to check?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

Winter sleep: what to check? Empty
PostSubject: Winter sleep: what to check?   Winter sleep: what to check? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm

For those of us whose WR's hibernate through the approaching snowy months inside accessible storage:

What should be checked? What specific to our WRs should we go over?

I'm already planning to check: spark plug, air filter, all bolts & fasteners, spokes, bearings, cables, sprokets & chain, etc.

I'm not looking for how-to's, just 'check the doohicky wear/tighness/allignment/wetness/colour', or summat.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Winter sleep: what to check? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sleep: what to check?   Winter sleep: what to check? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Nothing specific to the WR comes to mind.

On the Dual-sports I tend to like to repack the headset and swing arm bearings in the winter. Well, ok, I don't like to, but I feel it's a good idea anyway.

If I've ridden the bike a lot of miles that season or really hard (ie. track or off road) I tend to replace the fork oil (Ohlins 5W for all our upside down cartridge forks).
Back to top Go down

Winter sleep: what to check?
Page 1 of 1