Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??

Go down 
+2
TNkayaker
Spencer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spencer

Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? Empty
PostSubject: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Hey group,

I just ordered an FMF Q4, and recieved it in the conditon in the pictures below. As you can see, there is a fairly large dent in the exhaust pipe itself. I figured this was damage, but the vendor is telling me it is actually there for fitment reasons. I looked at my bike, and see no reason for this dent from a fitment standpoint.

Can other Q4 owners confirm whether or not they have this dent in their Q4 pipe??

Thanks!

From FMF Exhaust

From FMF Exhaust

From FMF Exhaust
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Yes, that dent is supposed to be there. When you put it on the bike, you will see what it is for! Once on the bike that dent is pretty well hidden from view.

Mark
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 pm

yeaup, it so the pipe clears the rear passenger peg bracket! your all good mine has it too thumb

now get that baby installed lurk
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:49 pm

yup, never did understand why they couldn't adjust the geometery slightly to avoid that dent but there must be a reason.
Back to top Go down
Alan Case

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:58 am

Hi.
Mine is the Powercore (bought by mistake instead of the Q4)
The dent is in it as well.
One thing I did notice is they give you a new bolt to fit the bracket next to the dent. Too short to even get the thread started.
Also FMF state for the rear fixing you have to use the existing bolt but without the washer. This bolt is only just long enough (well maybe not as the thread finishes flush and all recognised standards recommend 2 threads clear)
For something of this cost surely they could supply a longer bolt so you can use a washer.

Regards Alan Case
Back to top Go down
Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Alan Case wrote:
Hi.
Mine is the Powercore (bought by mistake instead of the Q4)
The dent is in it as well.
One thing I did notice is they give you a new bolt to fit the bracket next to the dent. Too short to even get the thread started.
Also FMF state for the rear fixing you have to use the existing bolt but without the washer. This bolt is only just long enough (well maybe not as the thread finishes flush and all recognised standards recommend 2 threads clear)
For something of this cost surely they could supply a longer bolt so you can use a washer.

Regards Alan Case

I installed the exhaust last night and the short mounting bolt drove me nuts! Attempting to just get the thread started, I ended up stripping it somehow and had to temporarily jimmy-rig it together with one of the bolts from the rear footpegs! I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't supply a bolt with a little more length.

I also see where the fitment dent comes into play. A little change in routing, and they could have avoided it.

No complaints at the end of the day... the sound makes up for it all! cheers
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:25 am

My Q4 was the same. I actually had to mod the dent a little for better clearance & alignment when snugging down the bolt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??   Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does the FMF Q4 have a Fitment Dent on the Pipe??
Page 1 of 1