Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! Empty
PostSubject: Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!   Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:42 pm

So I want to turn my blue bike Black! I did a lil research and I read that I need to get paint, and mix in a flex agent. I also know Krylon makes a plastics spray paint, but will that really hold up? Has anyone painted their bike??? Thanks for any tips and tricks.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!   Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:43 pm

i did my dirtbike with krylon fusion. sanded down the plastic with 700, 1000, 1200 then applied two coats. It does come off a little in small places like on corners or where two pieces meet from contact. for a $16 paint job, it works great. I think you could paint the bike like 10 times for the price of a set of tank shrouds. I say go for it!

Before:

Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! F

After:

Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! G
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!   Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Looks Good! I also want to get my seat all black, is it pretty standard stapling a seat cover over the old one?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!   Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Use a pocket size flat blade screwdriver and take out all the old staples. U need a HD staple gun or a air gun style to get them intothe hard plastic base.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!   Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike! Empty

Back to top Go down

Seasons are changing, and so should the color of my bike!
Page 1 of 1